John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:32
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 6

I accidentally hit Ctrl+Enter, which added an erroneous translation segment to the TM, and now I want to delete it. Is there a way to do this? In Trados Studio I can right click on the segment in the Results window and select "Delete from TM", but I don't see any way to do this in Phrase.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:32
English to Russian
Overwrite May 6

According to the Phrase Help:
If the new segment has the same source and context, but with a different target than another segment, the new segment will overwrite the pre-existing segment. This is also applied if no context is available.
Type a new translation and confirm it. It takes some time for the TM to update, so even if you see both translations (previous and new) shortly after you confirm a segment, you have to give it time and return to that segment say in 20 minutes
... See more
According to the Phrase Help:
If the new segment has the same source and context, but with a different target than another segment, the new segment will overwrite the pre-existing segment. This is also applied if no context is available.
Type a new translation and confirm it. It takes some time for the TM to update, so even if you see both translations (previous and new) shortly after you confirm a segment, you have to give it time and return to that segment say in 20 minutes (maybe even 2 minutes would suffice, I don't know exactly) and check if only one translation survived.
Collapse

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:32
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting May 6

I didn't realize that's how it works. Thank you!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Delete segment from TM?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »