Thread poster: Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
China
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 30, 2014

Hi

For a normally well reputed agency, I was given a 3000 EUR translation job. However, when I opened the document, it was full of markup tags. 90000 words of digging for translatable text through markup tags, especially in Across, was something I didn't want to do so I bailed for the first time out of a translation job.

A picture of the kind of thing in my file:
... See more
Hi

For a normally well reputed agency, I was given a 3000 EUR translation job. However, when I opened the document, it was full of markup tags. 90000 words of digging for translatable text through markup tags, especially in Across, was something I didn't want to do so I bailed for the first time out of a translation job.

A picture of the kind of thing in my file:

https://plus.google.com/111939002423369086103/posts/WJb43Czjb5R

What do you think? Did they mess up? I opened the same PDF in Trados Studio 2014 and none of this nonsense was still visible.
Collapse

Andrej Fric
Andrej Fric  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 02:43
Member (2011)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Re-importing? Jul 30, 2014

Hi Sander.

Couldn't you just ask the agency to re-import the text without this mess of tags? It should be possible, imho.

Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
China
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes Jul 30, 2014

Yes I have asked and I think they're considering it. Because knowing how terribly inflexible Across is, this will lead to instant RSI (ctrl-alt-z to confirm and move to next untouched, who came up with this?)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across mess (refused to continue a job)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »