Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:11
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 19, 2014

Hello,

I need some help to get started with version 5.7. I'm getting very confused about the user interface.

1. How do I confirm a segment and jump to the next segment that needs translation?

2. In the view where all the segments are listed, how can I quickly see whether a certain segment has already been confirmed or not (without having to click on the segment)?

3. If a segment has been pretranslated from the TM, how can I quickly see what the
... See more
Hello,

I need some help to get started with version 5.7. I'm getting very confused about the user interface.

1. How do I confirm a segment and jump to the next segment that needs translation?

2. In the view where all the segments are listed, how can I quickly see whether a certain segment has already been confirmed or not (without having to click on the segment)?

3. If a segment has been pretranslated from the TM, how can I quickly see what the degree of matching is, e.g. whether it is a 100% match or a 60% match?

4. How do I make sure that numbers are automatically corrected when a segment is pretranslated from a fuzzy match in the TM?

5. How do I get rid of the dots in the spaces between words? I want clean spaces between the words, without spaces.

6. How do I add a new term to the terminology base (crossterm)?

7. How do I make a search in the source text if I want to see how a certain term has been translated elsewhere in the same task or project?

8. I've now translated all segments in one task, but the segments don't look confirmed. How do I get them confirmed?

Thank you,

Thomas
Collapse

IrimiConsulting
IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:11
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Some replies: Nov 19, 2014

1) Alt+R to confirm, jump to next draft with Ctrl+down or next empty and untranslated with Alt+down.

2) The icon between the source and target columns displays the status.

3) You can't as far as I know.

4) My client does this automatically, but not if separators of any kind are used. Look around in your profile settings.

5) 6) Don't know.

7) Ctrl+Shift+C and type the word. A list of TM matches is displayed.

8) In one
... See more
1) Alt+R to confirm, jump to next draft with Ctrl+down or next empty and untranslated with Alt+down.

2) The icon between the source and target columns displays the status.

3) You can't as far as I know.

4) My client does this automatically, but not if separators of any kind are used. Look around in your profile settings.

5) 6) Don't know.

7) Ctrl+Shift+C and type the word. A list of TM matches is displayed.

8) In one of the menus -- I cannot recall which one -- select Mark all segments as > Translated
Collapse

Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:11
German to Norwegian
+ ...
6 Nov 19, 2014

6) You can push Alt + 1 to open the cross term manager and add new terms.

You can also have a look here:
http://www.my-across.net/de/training-center.aspx

[Edited at 2014-11-19 21:35 GMT]

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:11
Spanish to German
+ ...
some more options Nov 20, 2014

Hello Thomas,
here are some more options:

1) I prefer using Alt+Ctrl+Enter to confirm and Alt+Right arrow to go to the next untranslated and empty segment.

3) To see the degree of matching of a pretranslated segment you remain with the mouse pointer on the offered fuzzy match segment in the Search Center and a small text box will be displayed with this and other information. (In Across 6.0 the degree of matching appears in front of the offered fuzzy match segment
... See more
Hello Thomas,
here are some more options:

1) I prefer using Alt+Ctrl+Enter to confirm and Alt+Right arrow to go to the next untranslated and empty segment.

3) To see the degree of matching of a pretranslated segment you remain with the mouse pointer on the offered fuzzy match segment in the Search Center and a small text box will be displayed with this and other information. (In Across 6.0 the degree of matching appears in front of the offered fuzzy match segment in the Search Center).

5) With the dots in the spaces you mean those that represent the spaces? You can hide the formatting marks using the show/hide button in the toolbar above the panel where you enter the translation.

6) Select the source term and the target term, right-click on the source term and select "copy to crossTerm" from the context menu. The corresponding dialog is displayed and you can add some more information about the term if you want.

7) To see how a certain term has been translated elsewhere in the same task you have to go to the crossView, select the magnifier glass, enter the source term, select "source language" and click "enter".

8) Tools -> Mark all segments as -> confirmed.

As I work with a german interface I don't know the exact menu names.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help to get started

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »