Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:17
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 15, 2014

Hello,

I have a big Across file with lots of locked segments but in which my scope of job is very limited.

I completed the translation and I need to run the spellchecker, but as you know it is quite slow and not the best out there, and I am looking for a way to exclude the locked segments and only check those segments I actually translated. Is there any way to do this in Across?

Thanks in advance.

Edu

AAV
AAV
Local time: 19:17
Using multiselection in crossView Dec 18, 2014

I can only imagine the trick using a multi-selection of paragraphs with shift+click.
1) Go to "Sorted by State" tab in crossView (it's the one with the red flag) and expand "Translated" node there (or "Touched", or any other state your unlocked paragraphs currently are).
2) Click on the first paragraph in the list, then shift+click on the last one -> you will get all paragraphs selected.
3) In the source view right click one of selected paragraphs (they are marked with blue) an
... See more
I can only imagine the trick using a multi-selection of paragraphs with shift+click.
1) Go to "Sorted by State" tab in crossView (it's the one with the red flag) and expand "Translated" node there (or "Touched", or any other state your unlocked paragraphs currently are).
2) Click on the first paragraph in the list, then shift+click on the last one -> you will get all paragraphs selected.
3) In the source view right click one of selected paragraphs (they are marked with blue) and in context menu click "Check now".
Collapse

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:17
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 18, 2014

AAV wrote:

3) In the source view right click one of selected paragraphs (they are marked with blue) and in context menu click "Check now".

Thanks a lot, I will try next time and let you know.

Best,
Edu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to filter locked segments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »