Dagmar Gamper  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:27
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
May 25, 2015

Hello dear colleagues

I am a new Across user for a week now and am having some problems.
Up to now my workflow with it is still very slow, but I will give it a lttle more time to adjust myself before I decide to tell my new client that we have no future together if they insist on me using Across.

Currently I have problems with the QM-Batch-Modus.
Across freezes all the time when I try to get my translation checked and ready for delivery, then I have to clos
... See more
Hello dear colleagues

I am a new Across user for a week now and am having some problems.
Up to now my workflow with it is still very slow, but I will give it a lttle more time to adjust myself before I decide to tell my new client that we have no future together if they insist on me using Across.

Currently I have problems with the QM-Batch-Modus.
Across freezes all the time when I try to get my translation checked and ready for delivery, then I have to close it and restart the whole thing.
Any suggestions? My laptop is half a year old and manages Dragon speach recognition software without problems so there should be no performance problem of the system.
It could well be me as I am not experienced with this tool but I followed the instructions given by the agency.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day

Dagmar
Collapse

Siontrans
Siontrans
Member (2014)
English to Greek
Across issues May 25, 2015

Dear Dagmar,
I am not an experienced Across user nor I am aware of the instructions given to you by the agency.
I believe Across runs QA automatically when you move from one segment to another and any quality issues appear under crossView ABC tab even without running the QM-Batch-Modus or F7.
Regards
Sion

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:27
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
QM-batch in several batches May 26, 2015

Hi Dagmar,
I have the same problem, I do not know how to solve this. My workaround is to uncheck the first five or so items to check, run QM-batch for the other items, restart QM-batch and now uncheck the other items. So basically I'm doing the batch check in several batches. This works for me.
Good luck.

Dagmar Gamper
Dagmar Gamper  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:27
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your responses Jun 2, 2015

... I worked it out avoiding the batch feature and just checking every item.
Not the optimal solution but I didn't have the time doing something else.
Thanks again
Dagmar

Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:27
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Freezes during spellcheck Jun 15, 2016

Across freezes in QM Batch mode for me too, specifically during spell check. Whenever I try to correct an error or add a legitimate word to the dictionary, Across just completely freezes up. It's utterly maddening. I never have this problem with either SDL Trados Studio or memoQ 2015. I think Across doesn't like Microsoft Office or something. Whatever the issue with it is, I wish they'd fix it, because it really is an extremely aggravating problem.

Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:27
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Still not fixed with 6.3 Oct 4, 2017

Update: this issue is STILL not fixed with Version 6.3! Just today Across froze when I was trying to correct a spelling error, and I had to restart it. Even more infuriatingly, it reverted to my progress at the start of the day rather than the completed job, although it did at least remember the entries I'd made, so I was able to use Alt + PgUp to add them back. Now I'm just going through and fixing a few things manually because I can't handle Across doing that to me again today.

Co
... See more
Update: this issue is STILL not fixed with Version 6.3! Just today Across froze when I was trying to correct a spelling error, and I had to restart it. Even more infuriatingly, it reverted to my progress at the start of the day rather than the completed job, although it did at least remember the entries I'd made, so I was able to use Alt + PgUp to add them back. Now I'm just going through and fixing a few things manually because I can't handle Across doing that to me again today.

Come on, Across makers, sort this out. It's ridiculous that this problem has continued to exist for so long!
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Contact Support Oct 4, 2017

Come on, Rowan, try to contact Across Support with a clear description of your problem, sample file and step-by-step reproduction, to sort this out. Have you ever tried?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across freezes in QM-Batch-Modus

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »