Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:17
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Aug 31, 2015

I have started a new Project with Across 6, and something incredibly strange happened: after translating a few segments Across started inserting some kind of automatic translation, which has nothing to do with the source sentence. It is as if someone poured a few dozen random words to the target field. The machine "translation" is complete nonsense, it really has NOTHING common with the source and it does not make sense in itself. Has anyone encountered this strange behaviour before? Have I push... See more
I have started a new Project with Across 6, and something incredibly strange happened: after translating a few segments Across started inserting some kind of automatic translation, which has nothing to do with the source sentence. It is as if someone poured a few dozen random words to the target field. The machine "translation" is complete nonsense, it really has NOTHING common with the source and it does not make sense in itself. Has anyone encountered this strange behaviour before? Have I pushed some wrong button? What do I do to make it go away?

Thank you
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 04:17
Translate paragraph permanently, probably Sep 4, 2015

Could it be, that you accidentally enabled "Translate paragraph permanently" option?
Here is the description:
http://www.across.net/online-help/v60/across/data/acrossHaupt727.htm

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:17
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The issue did not repeat itself Sep 17, 2015

Thank you AAV. The issue did not repeat itself, it happened once, over about 10 paragraphs, and then stopped. Strange, I do not know what happend, but the important thing is that it did not happen again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange Automatic translation Across Personal Edition 6

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »