Jenny Wemlert Tacchino
Jenny Wemlert Tacchino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 20, 2016

Hello everyone!
I am currently working with Across Personal Edition v. 6.0 64686 but I urgently need to update to version 6.3 to be able to open a new project sent to me by a client. However, in the information material sent to me by the Across support I read this:

To restore Across backups, the Across version of the backup data must be identical with the currently installed Across version: for example, if you backed up the data under version 6.0 and now work with version 6.3
... See more
Hello everyone!
I am currently working with Across Personal Edition v. 6.0 64686 but I urgently need to update to version 6.3 to be able to open a new project sent to me by a client. However, in the information material sent to me by the Across support I read this:

To restore Across backups, the Across version of the backup data must be identical with the currently installed Across version: for example, if you backed up the data under version 6.0 and now work with version 6.3, the data cannot be restored. This is only possible if both versions are identical, e.g. version 6.0 in both instances.

Does this mean that I will not be able to use my TM if I update to version 6.3? Is there some other way to save the TM? Does anybody know? Please help, deadline is approaching fast!

Thank you!

Jenny
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 20:52
You don't need backup for the update. Sep 26, 2016

1) Actually, you don't need backup to update your Across. Backup is necessary only in case if something goes wrong.
So, basically, you create a backup with v6, then you update (no need to uninstall, just finish all started tasks and upload them to your server, then apply new version), and if everything went fine - just forget about your backup. If something went wrong - uninstall v6.3, install your v6 back and restore your backup (exactly with the same version it was created with).
... See more
1) Actually, you don't need backup to update your Across. Backup is necessary only in case if something goes wrong.
So, basically, you create a backup with v6, then you update (no need to uninstall, just finish all started tasks and upload them to your server, then apply new version), and if everything went fine - just forget about your backup. If something went wrong - uninstall v6.3, install your v6 back and restore your backup (exactly with the same version it was created with).
2) By "use my TM" do you mean TM created while working on your own projects (in scope of "personal edition")? It will be kept after update automatically. However, there are strong restrictions on working on your own projects in v6.3: in the free version you won't be able to checkout files from Across. But I guess you've already know this.

Good luck there
Almara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving TM when updating Across

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »