Chris Lovelace  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for input for pedagogical purposes:

How would you rank the books of the Hebrew Scriptures based on degree of difficutly?

1. How would you rank the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures based on LINGUISTIC DIFFICULTY?

2. How would you rank the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures based on EXEGETICAL or INTERPRETIVE DIFFICULTY?

Please note that I am not looking for input regarding why one needs to learn Hebrew. I alr
... See more
Dear colleagues,

How would you rank the books of the Hebrew Scriptures based on degree of difficutly?

1. How would you rank the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures based on LINGUISTIC DIFFICULTY?

2. How would you rank the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures based on EXEGETICAL or INTERPRETIVE DIFFICULTY?

Please note that I am not looking for input regarding why one needs to learn Hebrew. I already read Classical Hebrew, and I am quite convinced already that such knowledge is essential.

Thank you for your help.

Shalom!
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:31
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Can't help you here, sorry Nov 25, 2015

Chris Lovelace wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Please note that I am not looking for input regarding why one needs to learn Hebrew. I already read Classical Hebrew, and I am quite convinced already that such knowledge is essential.

Thank you for your help.

Shalom!

Also shalom.

Like I said, I can't help you here. I don't speak Hebrew, lets stand alone old Hebrew, but I read the articles, and especially of interest was the one about Genesis, in which it was claimed that the creation of the universe/world was wrong interpreted. So, I will follow your thread with much interest, but I doubt if you will get a lot of answers.

Kind regards,

Rob

PS) I would rank both of them as "disputable", but as I indicated, what do I know about it.

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to rank the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures (Tanach) in order of difficulty

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »