Can An Individual make his/her Blue Board Entry Like Companies?
Thread poster: tilak raj
tilak raj
tilak raj  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:13
Member (2012)
English to Punjabi
+ ...
Aug 1, 2015

I know Company Blue Board concept is differ than An individual. But I want to know if someone is outsource and assign work ahead to translator. Can he make his own blue board entry as an outsource as companies make.

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:13
English to Gujarati
+ ...
WWA? Aug 1, 2015

But I thought we already have the WWA entries don't we? Or did I not understand your query well?

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 01:43
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Blue Board entries Aug 1, 2015

Since it is possible to have a Blue Board entry for an outsourcer who is not even a member of ProZ.com, I can't see any logical reason why one shouldn't be allowed for a translator who also sometimes outsources work — many existing BlueBoard entreis do indeed fall into that category.

However, I would imagine it would be only logical for them to insist that the entry be made by soemone other than the outsourcer themselves! Perhaps you could ask one of your regular service providers
... See more
Since it is possible to have a Blue Board entry for an outsourcer who is not even a member of ProZ.com, I can't see any logical reason why one shouldn't be allowed for a translator who also sometimes outsources work — many existing BlueBoard entreis do indeed fall into that category.

However, I would imagine it would be only logical for them to insist that the entry be made by soemone other than the outsourcer themselves! Perhaps you could ask one of your regular service providers to make an entry for you?

As our colleague has said, you do of course also have the WWA on your profile — although that isn't specificaly intended for giving feedback about an outsourcer, there doesn't seem to be anything to stop its being used in that way.

Do just be aware, though, that while only positive entries are allowed on profile WWA, having an entry on the BlueBoard does equally expose you to the risk of unfavourable comments!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can An Individual make his/her Blue Board Entry Like Companies?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »