Something's cooking! (Using 22 million de-en TUs within a CAT tool)
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:13
Mar 3, 2015

Michael Beijer just posted an interesting message:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/279716-tmx_from_parallel_corpus_of_patent_translation_resource-page3.html

In case any of you reading this are wondering how this relates to the original topic of the thread … this means we can effectively use the entire "PatTR: Patent Translation Resource" (all 22 million de-en TUs of it, e.g.) inside a CAT tool: both for lookup purposes and even as a massive TM!

If this is really as fast as Michael B. writes, I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Especially this DE > EN patents can be very useful for me (although I translate DE > NL), though I'm not sure whether my old Mac will be fast enough ...

When will this feature be available to us?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2015-04-22 13:38 GMT]

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:13
TOPIC STARTER
Can we already use it? Mar 8, 2015

Hello Michael,

Is this support for a faster database type something that we can already use?

I'd appreciate a short note on this.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Something's cooking! (Using 22 million de-en TUs within a CAT tool)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »