Logoport not opening a segment in Word 2007
Thread poster: AntDunn
AntDunn
AntDunn
Local time: 08:55
German to English
Jan 19, 2010

Hi guys

I've recently switched to a brand new PC with Microsoft Office 2007. My initial download of Logoport was too old a version to function with Word 2007, and then update process would not complete. I then uninstalled the old version of Logoport and downloaded the latest directly from the Lionbridge website. However, every time I opened Word an error message "53 Could not find Logoport.dll" appeared. For reasons known only to Logoport, my .dll file was in the System32 folder. I'
... See more
Hi guys

I've recently switched to a brand new PC with Microsoft Office 2007. My initial download of Logoport was too old a version to function with Word 2007, and then update process would not complete. I then uninstalled the old version of Logoport and downloaded the latest directly from the Lionbridge website. However, every time I opened Word an error message "53 Could not find Logoport.dll" appeared. For reasons known only to Logoport, my .dll file was in the System32 folder. I've restored it to the Logoport application folder and all now seems well.

However, I can't open any segments. I can connect to the TM properly and the Concordance feature works correctly, the segment just won't open. I havn't even installed the TRADOS7.dot add-in yet, so it can't be this causing any interference.

My gut feeling is that a setting is wrong with Word2007, but I'm neither familiar enough with Word2007 nor Logoport to know for sure.

Thanks in advance for any help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Ant
Collapse

laure_sim
laure_sim
Local time: 09:55
English to French
same problem, no solution. Have you found one? Apr 5, 2010

hi Ant

Did you ever received an answer/find a solution for this problem? Cos' I have exactly the same problem. I don't get any error message, though, but I can connect to the TM and open the Concordance search window, but I cannot open any segment, no matter what i've tried so far.
So if you found a solution to your problem, would be very welcome
Thanks
(PS: i've already reinstalled everything, word,
... See more
hi Ant

Did you ever received an answer/find a solution for this problem? Cos' I have exactly the same problem. I don't get any error message, though, but I can connect to the TM and open the Concordance search window, but I cannot open any segment, no matter what i've tried so far.
So if you found a solution to your problem, would be very welcome
Thanks
(PS: i've already reinstalled everything, word, logoport...)
Collapse

AntDunn
AntDunn
Local time: 08:55
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for taking a month to reply! May 10, 2010

Hi laure

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was away on holiday and managed to overlook completely the e-mail saying you had commented on this thread!

Unfortunately I still can't convince it to work. I have upgraded to translation workspace, but this too is displaying the same symptoms. It connects to the remote TM correctly, but I still can't open any segments.

I know of two other people who have downloaded workspace to use with Office 2007 - one can wor
... See more
Hi laure

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was away on holiday and managed to overlook completely the e-mail saying you had commented on this thread!

Unfortunately I still can't convince it to work. I have upgraded to translation workspace, but this too is displaying the same symptoms. It connects to the remote TM correctly, but I still can't open any segments.

I know of two other people who have downloaded workspace to use with Office 2007 - one can work with workspace with no problems, the other is having exactly the same problems as me.

I'm working on getting it fixed and I'll let you know as soon as I find a solution!

Ant
Collapse

edits
edits
Local time: 09:55
German to English
+ ...
Easy solution Aug 18, 2010

Hi there, the question has been posted a while ago, but here is a solution anyway.
We had the same issue with segments not opening and contacted the tech support about it. They replied pretty quickly with the solution:

In your MS Word 2007 options please ensure to have some details entered for username and initials under the Personalize your Copy of Microsoft Office.

This is a known MS Word 2007 bug. More informati
... See more
Hi there, the question has been posted a while ago, but here is a solution anyway.
We had the same issue with segments not opening and contacted the tech support about it. They replied pretty quickly with the solution:

In your MS Word 2007 options please ensure to have some details entered for username and initials under the Personalize your Copy of Microsoft Office.

This is a known MS Word 2007 bug. More information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948682

Hope this helps for you as well.

Oliver
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logoport not opening a segment in Word 2007

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »