Thread poster: LouisR
LouisR
LouisR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:34
English to French
May 27, 2015

Hi everybody,

I am about to work with another translator. I would like to share with him my SDL Studio Translation Memory.
But he works on a Mac (OSX).
Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory file ?
Or is there another solution that I am not even imagining right now ?

Thanks a lot !

Cheers
Louis

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
Finnish to French
TMX, number of options May 27, 2015

LouisR wrote:
Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory file ?

First of all, you should export your translation memory to the industry standard TMX format, which is supported by nearly all tools on the market.

There are a number of tools that work on Mac: CafeTran, Heartsome Translation Studio, Memsource, OmegaT, Swordfish, Wordfast Anywhere/Classic/Pro, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
I only use CafeTran for Mac, but ... May 27, 2015

LouisR wrote:

Which CAT tool should he install on his Mac so he can easily read my Translation-Memory

Dominique has already mentioned some CAT tools that work on Mac. Personally, I only use CafeTran for Mac, but since I've translated hundreds of Studio projects with this tool, I can tell you that processing Studio TMs is not a problem.

There can be a problem with recognising file names in zipped files. Your partner should use TheUnarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html) to avoid possible mangling of file names.

LouisR
LouisR  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 4, 2015

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I think I am going to try CafeTran.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to pass on my Translation Memory to a Mac OSX user

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »