How do I merge *existing* SDLXIFF files?
Thread poster: LEXpert
LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2016

I am trying to merge existing Studio files in 2014, so that I can view them as a single file long file, akin to "creating a view" in MemoQ.
If I try to merge them in the Project Wizard, Studio tells me that that they are not translatable files ("You have not selected any translatable files").
The SDL Split/Merge app seems designed to perform the opposite function, to split a large file and them reassemble it again.
Any ideas? All of the tools appear to presuppose that the Stu
... See more
I am trying to merge existing Studio files in 2014, so that I can view them as a single file long file, akin to "creating a view" in MemoQ.
If I try to merge them in the Project Wizard, Studio tells me that that they are not translatable files ("You have not selected any translatable files").
The SDL Split/Merge app seems designed to perform the opposite function, to split a large file and them reassemble it again.
Any ideas? All of the tools appear to presuppose that the Studio files have not been created yet, and I need to merge existing Studio files.
Thanks!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:45
English
Simple... Feb 11, 2016

... just select the files you wish to merge in the files view of your project and then open them for translation. The order in which you select them is the order in which they will appear in the editor.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Paul - Thanks! Any combined bilingual export options? Feb 15, 2016

Thanks, Paul - that did the trick.
Are there any options for exporting a single combined bilingual review file, rather than ending up with many smaller ones?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I merge *existing* SDLXIFF files?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »