Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42] >
"这一次大陆又输了"
Thread poster: deleted. (X)
Kenneth Woo
Kenneth Woo
China
Local time: 21:34
English to Chinese
That's a bit strange. Anyway, here it goes. Sep 27, 2014

David Lin wrote:

Kenneth Woo wrote:

http://www.cncorpus.org/ACindex.aspx

Make sure you tick 全文檢索 and 關鍵詞居中顯示 and you will get 137 hits for 豈止於 on the above site. : )

[Edited at 2014-09-27 03:27 GMT]

Ken,

第一個北大的搜尋站我只找到兩個結果,而且都是你那 17 個以外的。好奇怪!

這個新的網站則連一個結果都沒出來。

如有時間,可否引述新的搜尋結果,分享一下?如可能,毋需重復之前北大的 17 個結果。

先謝謝。

1隋唐五代唐诗三百荐诸太庙比郜鼎,光价岂止百倍过!岂止于
2元明升庵诗话视东坡杭湖颍湖之役,不数月之间,无糜百金而成百世之功,其政事之才,岂止十倍时流乎!岂止于
3宋朱子语类若说道不可改,虽终身守之可也,岂止三年乎!岂止于
4宋朱子语类岂止百里!岂止于
5元明醒世姻缘我虽是家里有,拿着我就是仇人,我岂止舍了他,我还连家都舍了哩!岂止于
6元明醒世姻缘相大妗子道:“我岂止骂你!岂止于
7宋云笈七签今谓明义,各自有宜,少多非为定准,如六通四达,岂止三耶!岂止于
8魏晋六朝颜氏家训此人用兵,岂止万夫之望而已也!岂止于
9隋唐五代隋书乃铭之常鼎,岂止书勋竹帛哉!岂止于
10隋唐五代旧唐书君子有终身之忧,霜露之感,岂止一二周之服哉!岂止于
11隋唐五代旧唐书耿弇之赴光武,萧何之奉高帝,岂止金章紫绶,华盖硃轮,富贵以重当年,忠贞以传奕叶,岂不盛哉!岂止于
12宋全宋词然则高牙大■不足为公荣,桓圭衮冕不足为公贵,惟德被生民,功施社稷,勒之金石,播之声诗,以耀后世,而垂无穷,此公之志,而士亦以此望于公也,岂止夸一时而荣一乡哉!岂止于
13宋资治通鉴杲对曰:“安成,长安—布衣耳,而陈之介弟也,其价岂止一城而已哉!岂止于
14宋朱子语类岂止废一时祭而已哉!岂止于
15宋东坡文集乃知先生高文大册,传播夷夏,又岂止及于鸡林行贾而已哉!岂止于
16宋资治通鉴垂勇略过人,世豪东夏,顷以避祸而来,其心岂止欲作冠军而已哉!岂止于
17隋唐五代陈书乱离永久,群盗孔多,浙左凶渠,连兵构逆,岂止千兵、五校、白雀、黄龙而已哉!岂止于
18魏晋六朝梁书岂止鳞羽祯奇,云星瑞色而已哉!岂止于
19宋云笈七签岂止唐尧之协和万邦,姬文之本支百世,庖牺之始画八卦,高辛之正是五行者哉!岂止于
20隋唐五代旧唐书盖谓似信而诈,似忠而非,便便可以动心,捷捷可以乱德,岂止鶗鴂彫卉,薏苡惑珠者哉!岂止于
21元明醒世姻缘姑子,真是和尚道士,岂止休逐!岂止于
22隋唐五代全唐诗岂止形骸同土木,岂止于
23元明醒世姻缘关老爷是个正直广大的神,岂止于不追旧恶,定然且保佑新祥。
24隋唐五代旧唐书清明广大,终始周旋,与天地同其和,与四时合其序,岂止于钟鼓管磬云乎哉!
25元明粉妆楼奁岂止千金”。岂止于
26隋唐五代周书卷三十九然是陈之介弟,其价岂止一城。岂止于
27隋唐五代隋书岂止呼韩北场,頫勒狼居之岫,熄慎南境,近表不耐之城。岂止于
28宋朱子语类’管仲又岂止如此。岂止于
29宋东坡文集先生岂止一怀祖,郎君不减王文度。岂止于
30隋唐五代全唐诗一春膏血尽,岂止应王赋。岂止于
31隋唐五代全唐诗皆能扶我寿,岂止坚肌骨。岂止于
32宋全宋词岂止卷帘通一顾。岂止于
33隋唐五代全唐诗荐诸太庙比郜鼎,光价岂止百倍过。岂止于
34隋唐五代全唐诗岂止消时暑,应能保岁寒。岂止于
35隋唐五代全唐诗岂止馁与寒。岂止于
36隋唐五代旧唐书岂止重亲贤之地,崇其典礼,抑亦固磐石之基,寄以籓翰。岂止于
37隋唐五代陈书岂止罪浮于昌邑,非唯声丑于太和。岂止于
38隋唐五代旧唐书虽无人上塞丹诏,实率土已偃玄风,岂止微臣,独怀抃贺。岂止于
39宋全宋词出处已能齐二老,功名岂止超三杰,侍吾皇、千载带金重,头方黑。岂止于
40隋唐五代艺文类聚又上昭明太子集别传等表曰:若夫正少阳之位,主承祧之则,口实为美,唯称启诵,自兹厥後,罕或闻焉,昭明太子,禀仁圣之姿,纵生知之量,孝敬兼极,温恭在躬,明月西流,幼有文章之敏,羽籥东序,长备元良之德,非假二疏,宁劳四皓,虎贲恧其经学,智囊惭其调护,岂止博望延宾,寿春能赋,问疑枣据,书戒凭陵而已哉,玉折何追,星颓靡续,地尊虢嗣,外阳之术无徵,位比周储,缑山之驾不反,臣以不肖,妄作明离,出入铜龙,瞻仰故实,思所以揄扬盛轨,宣记德音,谨撰昭明太子别传文集,请备之延阁,藏诸广内,未彰茂实,式表洪徽。岂止于
41宋东坡文集岂止磁石针,虽合犹有间。岂止于
42隋唐五代旧唐书其有当仁不让,急病忘身,岂止君命,犹宜身举。岂止于
43隋唐五代全唐诗岂止遗生奉混茫。岂止于
44魏晋六朝宋书且汉文和亲,岂止彭阳之寇;武帝修约,不废马邑之谋。岂止于
45魏晋六朝梁书其三事曰:圣躬荷负苍生以为任,弘济四海以为心,不惮胼胝之劳,不辞癯瘦之苦,岂止日昃忘饥,夜分废寝。岂止于
46宋东坡文集当时功名意,岂止拾紫青。岂止于
47宋栾城集卷十岁终谁为公书考,岂止江西第一人。岂止于
48宋东坡文集是为文士之极任,岂止时人之美谈。岂止于
49隋唐五代全唐诗岂止寻常用,将传度量同。岂止于
50元明明珠缘公子道:“若说达观结交,岂止周家庆一个,满朝文武,十有七八,就是内臣,也无一个不与他来往。岂止于
51隋唐五代全唐诗竟以恩信待,岂止猜妒忘。岂止于
52隋唐五代全唐诗岂止吾一身,举家同燕息。岂止于
53宋全宋词’以为男儿之志,岂止在醉游花市而已哉,此说殊未然也,必志於致君泽民而後可,尝欲作数语易之而未暇。岂止于
54隋唐五代艺文类聚故以弹麾六戎,冠冕九牧,岂止司隶绛节,金吾提骑,况复任总皇畿,位重连率,何则,骠骑之号,历选为重,元狩之中,始自去病,永平之建,特授刘苍,齐宪○御览作献。岂止于
55宋东坡文集岂止缓狱,实期无刑。岂止于
56宋全宋词比似先生,两壬相望,岂止参差一二旬。岂止于
57隋唐五代全唐诗鹏cR宁唯白,龙多岂止荀。岂止于
58元明升庵诗话岂止学步邯郸,效颦西子,乃是丑妇生疮,雪上再霜也。岂止于
59魏晋六朝梁书今若遣使归款,必厚相慰纳,岂止免罪而已。岂止于
60宋云笈七签天蓬将军是北帝上将,制服一切鬼神,岂止诛灭狐狸小小妖怪矣。岂止于
61宋新唐书岂止不能招怀,且复为四镇患,则册可汗子孙其效固试矣。岂止于
62隋唐五代全唐诗既彰千国理,岂止百川溢。岂止于
63隋唐五代文笔要诀岂独,岂唯,岂止,宁独,宁止,何独,何止,岂直。岂止于
64宋全宋词算愁满离肠,十分岂止。岂止于
65魏晋六朝北史然是陈之介弟,其价岂止一城?岂止于
66元明醒世姻缘若依了起初的注定,享用岂止如此?岂止于
67宋云笈七签固惟九域咸被底绥,岂止三秦独增忻戴?岂止于
68元明金瓶梅岂止见过一个汉子儿?岂止于
69元明醒世姻缘程乐宇道:“岂止这个?岂止于
70魏晋六朝昭明文选言化之所感,岂止人和乎?岂止于
71隋唐五代隋书岂止知礼节,识廉耻,父慈子孝,兄恭弟顺者乎?岂止于
72宋云笈七签必当羽化云飞,岂止龟鹤齐寿?岂止于
73宋朱子语类‘明於庶物’,岂止是说禽兽?岂止于
74元明话本)御史想了一回∶“若特地唤去,岂止赠他钗、钿二物?岂止于
75元明喻世明言御史想了一回:“若特地唤去,岂止赠他钗钿二物?岂止于
76元明醒世姻缘岂止虎犀能出柙?岂止于
77宋东坡文集然余默虽能言斗门一事,合锷鄙策,奈何无法度以制入江之水,行之,则又岂止为一沈披耶?岂止于
78宋东坡文集若价高本重,至时每斗只减十文,亦须坐失五万余贯,而况饥馑已成,流殍不已,则朝廷所以救恤之者,其费岂止五万贯而已哉?岂止于
79隋唐五代旧唐书陛下立功同于天地,美化包于古昔,自当超迈于百王,岂止俯同于六子?岂止于
80宋资治通鉴借使国家发十五万兵以取六州,期年而克之,其费岂止百五十万缗而已乎!”岂止于
81元明初刻拍案惊奇此等宝物,岂止此价钱!”岂止于
82隋唐五代旧唐书在在处处,应有灵物护持,岂止两家子弟秘藏而已!”岂止于
83元明初刻拍案惊奇尚宝道:“此小厮相能妨主,若留过一年之外,便要损人口,岂止不宁而已!”岂止于
84宋资治通鉴勤励不息,足致升平,岂止荡涤祆氛,旋复宫阙而已!”岂止于
85元明封神演义子牙大喜曰:“将军若肯如此,真为不世之奇功,岂止进身而已!”岂止于
86元明金史今南伐之事责成卿等,区区俘获不足羡慕,果能为国建功,岂止一身荣宠,后世子孙,亦保富贵。”岂止于
87宋栾城集卷四十五因而引导河势,岂止二股通行而已,亦将遂为回夺大河之计。”岂止于
88宋五灯会元乃打一圆相曰:“清光万古复千古,岂止人间一夜看。”岂止于
89隋唐五代南史卷三十八岂止当今称奇,亦可追踪古烈。”岂止于
90魏晋六朝梁书岂止当世称奇,足可追踪古烈。”岂止于
91隋唐五代隋书岂止为一州而已,当今天下模范之,卿等宜师学也。”岂止于
92元明金史太祖独曰:“若不举兵,岂止失曷懒甸,诸部皆非吾有也。”岂止于
93隋唐五代魏郑公谏录更创新乐,兼修大礼,自我作古,万代取法,岂止子孙而已。”岂止于
94魏晋六朝北史方当委之大事,岂止纳租而已。”岂止于
95宋资治通鉴且今魏军近在淮次,官军未测吾之去就,若遣使归款,必厚相慰纳,岂止免罪而已。”岂止于
96隋唐五代唐才子传时盲俗互有论列,骘判曰:“江西境内,凡为诗得及涛者,即与放役,岂止一任涛而已哉。”岂止于
97元明二刻拍案惊奇若是真男子滋味,岂止如此?”岂止于
98宋五灯会元西来不传之旨,岂止此耶?”岂止于
99隋唐五代旧唐书盖圣王之御天下也,有勋可书,有绩可载,宥过不忘于十代,念功岂止于一时。
100宋云笈七签夫神岂止于上?

PS: This is the first page of two. Unfortunately most sentences are broken off at 於.

[Edited at 2014-09-27 12:39 GMT]

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:34
Chinese to English
+ ...
Search Results Sep 27, 2014

Kenny,

I don't think you looked very closely at the results. Most of them seem to only have the characters "岂止".

Anyway, no harm no foul.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
"I'm lovin' it" Sep 27, 2014

Phil Hand wrote:

这没什么可以不可以,没有人申请,没有人管,唯一的标准是沟通与否。不规范语言是广告行的家常便饭,就看麦当劳的那个。

Although I wanted to, I didn't pick up on what Phil remarked here a couple of days ago about McDonalds' ad; mostly because I wasn't sure if he was referring to McDonalds' ad campaign in China (which I know nothing about), or their advertising slogan "I'm lovin' it" aimed at the English-speaking world in general.

FWIW, I never liked the phrase "I'm lovin' it", together with its close cousin "I'm likin' it". IMO, most folks put up with such phrases even if they don’t like them. After a while, you learn to tune them out. Here's what Grammar Girl - or Grammar Girl through a blog post of Bonnie Trenga's - had to say about the issue ...

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/is-im-loving-it-proper-grammar

Is "I'm Loving It" Proper Grammar?

Today, Bonnie Trenga will help us figure out whether a fast-food chain is on the cutting edge of grammar, or it’s just being creative with verb tenses. It’s time to dissect the McDonald’s advertising slogan “I’m loving it.”

An ESL teacher named Devaki wrote to say she uses the "I'm loving it" slogan in her classroom “as an example of incorrect grammar.”

The issue at hand is whether verbs like “to love” can be conjugated in a progressive tense ...

Idiomatic Uses of Stative Verbs
According to the rule, “I’m loving it” is not grammatically correct because it uses a stative verb—in this case, one that conveys emotion, love—in a progressive tense.

But, now we come to some idiomatic uses of stative verbs. You can conjugate certain stative verbs in a progressive tense in the right context. I can easily imagine one lady saying to another, “Hey, Jean. I’m loving that new haircut!” On the other hand, it wouldn’t sound right to say, “I’m loving my mother.” You’d say, “I love my mother.” Another example might be the verb “to hear.” This is considered a stative verb, yet native speakers will be familiar with the statement “I’m hearin’ ya” to mean “I understand your point of view.” However, no native speaker would say, “I’m hearing the concert.”

The Verdict
“I’m loving it” does sound slightly off, and that draws attention. Perhaps that’s why McDonald’s chose it for their slogan, which launched in September 2003 (3). None of the dictionaries I checked sanction "loving" as a form of the verb "love," but the McDonald's slogan isn't the only instance where this sentence has been used in popular culture. Justin Timberlake has a 2003 song called “I’m Loving It” (4), and earlier the Scorpions put out a song called “Still Loving You” (5), which contains the lyric “I’m loving you.” Just recently, glamour.com had this to say about a maternity dress: “I’m loving the hot hue, the sweet, off-the-shoulder neckline …” The article’s headline was “Loving Her Look: Amy Adams Redefines The Maternity Dress” (6).

We all know that advertisements, song lyrics, and fashion headlines aren't the places to turn for examples of good grammar, but we also know that native speakers of English can get creative with traditional grammar, and that sometimes grammatically iffy phrases catch on. Language is constantly changing. Enough people seem to be using stative verbs in progressive tenses that we can probably say it’s becoming more accepted in popular culture to use them that way. That said, it’s still probably best for ESL teachers to continue to advise their students not to say, “I’m loving it” or to use other potentially incorrect stative verbs in progressive tenses. ESL teachers should point out, though, that students will hear native speakers using stative verbs in progressive tenses when the moment seems right.

The following short piece, IMO, gives a more convincing argument on the acceptability of such a phrase, particularly at the end where it lists some progressive-tense usages of some stative verbs that nobody would ever think of as being faulty ...

http://www.phrasemix.com/answers/is-im-loving-it-correct-grammar

Is "I'm loving it" correct grammar?

A few years ago, McDonalds restaurants started a TV commercial campaign with the slogan:

"I’m lovin' it."

Some people complained that it was bad grammar. Traditionally, "love" has been used as a stative verb. Stative verbs (such as "like", "want", "smell", and "feel") are not used in continuous form ("liking", "wanting", etc.) So traditionally, you would say:

I love it.

However, the McDonald's commercial was quite successful, and most people didn't notice anything wrong with "I'm loving it." This is a sign that people's ideas about stative verbs are changing. Young people especially use stative verbs in the continuous form.

"I'm loving it" sounds more active than "I love it." It's a good expression for situations like when you've just started to use a new product, and you want to describe your feelings about it so far:

A: What do you think of the new book?
B: I'm loving it so far.

Here are some examples with other stative verbs:
I'm hoping that Francine will be there.
I'm not feeling very good about this.
This meat isn't smelling very good.

[Edited at 2014-09-28 12:28 GMT]

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:34
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
搜尋回饋 - 北大的兩條結果 Sep 27, 2014

David Lin wrote:
Ken,

第一個北大的搜尋站我只找到兩個結果,而且都是你那 17 個以外的。好奇怪!

Ken,

用北大搜尋網站得出的兩條結果是:
1. 權制之術,實在乎錢,鍵其多門,利出一孔,摧抑浮浪,歸趣農桑,可致時雍,躋於仁壽,豈止於富國強兵者哉!《唐.通典.具輕重篇》。

2. 然此特教家管見之定旨耳。若夫不思議之事。而佛妙用。豈止於是乎哉。提公書記以海印為號。蓋由是也。請說其事。故云。《大藏經》

不知道為甚麼,我用 Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome 或 Microsoft 的瀏覽器搜尋得出的結果都一樣。

會不會搜尋器只對登錄或國內用戶提供全面服務?

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
实事求是 Sep 28, 2014

星期三一早,我发出以“逻辑”为题的那帖之后,就出发“去 Aspen 看 Aspen”了,在那一带的崇山峻岭和深山峡谷里转悠了几天。有些地方连 iPhone 也收不到信号。我今天回家打开电脑一看,这里的讨论热闹非凡,让我颇有“山中方数日,世上已千年”之感。
QHE wrote:

当然,个人的知识背景职业经历会影响观察视角和思考方式。文学家艺术家与律师工程师相比,在形象思维和逻辑思维上会有差别。在这里的讨论过程中也不难看出思维方式的差别;也是互相启发学习的过程. 重要的是要尽可能客观,实事求是。

我十分同意 QHE 的意见,尤其是,讨论问题“要尽可能客观,实事求是”。我认为,讨论问题不宜戴有色眼镜,采用双重标准。如果我们参照“双盲”临床试验的方式,把一篇其中的形容词比较级被译为原级的译文,交给“这次大陆又输了”一文的作者去评论,还不知他会骂得多难听呢!

[Edited at 2014-09-28 20:08 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
硬伤 Sep 28, 2014

Kenneth Woo wrote:

這個譯法的硬傷是忽略了原文中的比較級形式。

我同意 Kenneth 的这一意见。对于 Kenneth 的这一意见,不知各位同仁有何异议?迄今为止,我似乎还未见到任何异议。不知有没有哪条广告翻译理论规定,为了“雅”可以牺牲“信”和“达”、可以包容硬伤?

原文是 “bigger than bigger”,但“岂止于大”未表达出后一 bigger。原文明明是 bigger,为什么却只译为“大”,而不是“更大”? 所谓“大”,并非是 iPhone 6 的主要卖点。如果单纯论“大”,即使是 iPhone 6 plus 也仍然比 Samsung 的 Galaxy 略小一些。Apple 很清楚这一点,所以它说它的 iPhone 6 及 6 plus 大得恰到好处。如果 Apple 要想把 iPhone 做得略大于 Samsung 的 Galaxy,那也是易如反掌的事情。但是,对手机而言,并无必要一味地追求大。太大了可不就成了“大哥大”?!这个“bigger”,就是指与 iPhone 老型号相比时的增大。这是一种改进。不把这个“bigger”表达出来,实在是译文的一大败笔,也就是Kenneth 所说的硬伤。

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2014/09/09/bigger-than-bigger-apple-embraces-expanded-iphones/
The iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen. The iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen. The older iPhone models is 4 inches on the diagonal. Samsung’s Galaxy is 5.7 inches.

至于“岂止更大”,原文 bigger than bigger 的基本意思就是“岂止更大,而且更佳”(先不论这种表达是否是大白话)。对于这一点,不知各位同仁有何异议?如果说 “岂止更大”过于直白,至少这还不能算是什么伤,更谈不上是硬伤。

最近几天,不少同仁把注意力集中在“岂止于”这三个字上,却忽略或回避了这个硬伤。真可谓一种倾向掩盖另一种倾向也。

[Edited at 2014-09-28 20:03 GMT]

Michael Tang
Michael Tang
China
English to Chinese
“岂止于大”听起来挺别扭的 Sep 28, 2014

直接“更大更好”不就结了?

Kenneth Woo
Kenneth Woo
China
English to Chinese
一塊兒回覆 Sep 28, 2014

Steve 前輩:

The search phrase was in red in the results section so I am quite sure I had not mistaken "豈止" for "豈止於".

Also you can check my quote of the search results. They all contain the phrase "豈止於".

David:

That's very strange.

I am not sure whether it was because you were outside of China. Did anyone else experience the same thing?

[quote]ysun wrote:

至于“岂止更大”,原文 bigger than big的基本意思就是“岂止更大,而且更佳”(先不论这种表达是否是大白话)。对于这一点,不知各位同仁有何异议?如果说 “岂止更大”过于直白,至少这还不能算是什么伤,更谈不上是硬伤。

老孫:

其實與「豈止於大」一樣,「豈止更大」也偏文,不過問題所在不在文白。以公認的兩項翻譯標準(信、達)而論,「豈止於大」與「豈止更大」均通暢(達),但論信,前者較後者為遜。我個人也更喜歡後者。

不過說句公道話,營銷材料翻譯特別不易,作者往往使盡花巧,沒有一點能耐絕難應付。我說能「應付」,是說譯文還像樣。至於能做到十全十美的,鳳毛麟角。正因如此,有時候為了譯文通暢易誦,高手也不免犧牲點「信」。

我自認為還不夠翻譯營銷材料的水準。如今為之,實在是生活所迫。

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:34
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
共勉之 Sep 28, 2014

Kenneth Woo wrote: 一塊兒回覆

Steve 前輩:

The search phrase was in red in the results section so I am quite sure I had not mistaken "豈止" for "豈止於".

Also you can check my quote of the search results. They all contain the phrase "豈止於".

David:

That's very strange.

I am not sure whether it was because you were outside of China. Did anyone else experience the same thing?

ysun wrote:
至于“岂止更大”,原文 bigger than big的基本意思就是“岂止更大,而且更佳”(先不论这种表达是否是大白话)。对于这一点,不知各位同仁有何异议?如果说 “岂止更大”过于直白,至少这还不能算是什么伤,更谈不上是硬伤。

老孫:

其實與「豈止於大」一樣,「豈止更大」也偏文,不過問題所在不在文白。以公認的兩項翻譯標準(信、達)而論,「豈止於大」與「豈止更大」均通暢(達),但論信,前者較後者為遜。我個人也更喜歡後者。

不過說句公道話,營銷材料翻譯特別不易,作者往往使盡花巧,沒有一點能耐絕難應付。我說能「應付」,是說譯文還像樣。至於能做到十全十美的,鳳毛麟角。正因如此,有時候為了譯文通暢易誦,高手也不免犧牲點「信」。

我自認為還不夠翻譯營銷材料的水準。如今為之,實在是生活所迫。

Ken,

謝謝你的回覆。其他海外同仁如果也遇到相同困難,請告訴我。

我今天早上再試一次兩個語言搜尋站,得出和昨天一樣的缺憾。:(

我追著問是因為對你介紹的古文網站非常感興趣,如果找出問題所在,對創意翻譯會非常有幫助 。

也很高興知道你也在做營銷翻譯。其實你毋需妄自菲薄,相信許多翻譯者剛進入其他新的行業領域時,都會誠惶誠恐,那是必經之路和工作體驗。只要有自信心及抱著虛心學習的態度,將來必定有出人頭地的一日。我之前貼上的美國田納西州大學介紹的 Rules of Thumb for Advert Slogan Design, 可能會有參考價值。因為營銷行業有自己一套獨有標準,而且受當地語言文化影響,我們做翻譯的除了 ”信、達、雅“之外,在處理營銷產品稿子時,也需遵從他們的一套專業標準和規範,我們的譯本才會容易被接受。

這雙重(甚至三重)的要求,也因此構成營銷推廣翻譯的真正難度。

當然要達到這些標準,恐怕不是一朝一夕的事。和許多其他專業一樣,是需要時間磨鍊,從一點一滴的回饋中學習。

經驗和優秀譯本就是這樣累積及孕育出來的。

與你共勉之。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hmm ... Sep 28, 2014

Kenny,

我是看了你搜寻的结果,自己并没有专门去找。

以头一条搜寻结果为例:
1 隋唐五代唐诗三百 荐诸太庙比郜鼎,光价岂止百倍过! 岂止于

此诗句出自 韩愈 “石鼓歌”:
<
... See more
Kenny,

我是看了你搜寻的结果,自己并没有专门去找。

以头一条搜寻结果为例:
1 隋唐五代唐诗三百 荐诸太庙比郜鼎,光价岂止百倍过! 岂止于

此诗句出自 韩愈 “石鼓歌”:

http://www.shigeku.com/xlib/gd/ts300/69.htm

故人从军在右辅,为我度量掘臼科。
濯冠沐浴告祭酒,如此至宝存岂多!
毡包席裹可立致,十鼓只载数骆驼。
荐诸太庙比郜鼎,光价岂止百倍过!
圣恩若许留太学,诸生讲解得切磋。
观经鸿都尚填咽,坐见举国来奔波。
剜苔剔藓露节角,安置妥帖平不颇。

全诗没有含 “岂止于” 的地方。且通读全诗,含“于” 字只有下列三处:

岐阳骋雄俊,万里禽兽皆遮罗。

中朝大官老事,讵肯感激徒 □(“妍”右上一横改为“合”)婀。

石鼓之歌止此,呜呼吾意其蹉跎!

So I don't think any of the search results got cut off after the character "於"; instead it might be one of the idiosyncrasies of this particular search engine. It looks like it doesn’t do an exact search of the search criterion.

[Edited at 2014-09-28 11:13 GMT]
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
第二条 元明 “升庵诗话” 亦是如此 Sep 28, 2014

http://www.guoxue.com/jibu/sihua/sysh/sy_015.htm

视东坡杭湖颍湖之役,不数月之间,无糜百金而成百世之功,其政事之才,岂止十倍时流乎!公又欲凿石门山运河以避浮山之险,当时妒者尽力排之。又欲於苏州以东凿挽蹃为千桥,以迅江势,亦不果用,人皆恨之。噫,难平者事,古今同一慨矣!

Kenneth Woo
Kenneth Woo
China
English to Chinese
marketing translation + 豈止於 Sep 28, 2014

David:

你說得很有道理。謝謝。

Steve 前輩:

因為我很久以前常常用這個網站,結果很精確,所以昨天沒仔細看,剛剛才發現很多句子缺個「於」字。唉,被騙了。

不過北大的語料庫足以說明問題。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
其实红色的“岂止于”表示的是“要搜索的关键词” Sep 28, 2014

并非实际搜索到的。我跟Steve一样,仔细看了。其实里面只有两条是“岂止于”,其他都是“岂止”。

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:34
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
这个有点牵强,恐怕没有几个人同意 Sep 28, 2014

Loise wrote:

岂止于大的大字是名词。

因为“止于”后边需要名词,你就说“大”字是名词?

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
关于“高手” Sep 28, 2014

Kenneth Woo wrote:

ysun wrote:

老孫:

Kenneth:

我完全同意你对「豈止於大」与「豈止更大」的分析和评价。不过我认为,如果为了译文通畅易诵而牺牲点“信”,且到了产生“硬伤”的地步,那就算不上是什么翻译高手了。那种翻译手法只不过是轻重倒置而已。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"这一次大陆又输了"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »