Thread poster: deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
Local time: 12:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 30, 2014

转的这个帖子,当然不是真的汉语水平八级考试题。但是这些语言现象还是很有趣的。都说翻译人员是语言专家,那么,各位翻译,看看你能考几级?

好,考题开始:

1. 冬天:能穿多少穿多少;夏天:能穿多少穿多少。

2. 剩女产生的原因有两个:一是谁都看不上,二是谁都看不上。

3. 地铁里听到一个女孩大概是给男朋友打电话,“我已
... See more

好,考题开始:

1. 冬天:能穿多少穿多少;夏天:能穿多少穿多少。

2. 剩女产生的原因有两个:一是谁都看不上,二是谁都看不上。

3. 地铁里听到一个女孩大概是给男朋友打电话,“我已经到西直门了,你快出来往地铁站走。如果你到了,我还没到,你就等着吧。如果我到了,你还没到,你就等着吧。”

4.单身人的来由:原来是喜欢一个人,现在是喜欢一个人。

5.两种人容易被甩:一种不知道什么叫做爱,一种不知道什么叫做爱。

6.想和某个人 在一起的两种原因:一种是喜欢上人家,另一种是喜欢上人家。

7.一个男同事和一个女同事上班同时迟到,但女的没被扣工资,男的被扣了,男的就问女同事“你为什么没有被扣工资?”女的说:“因为我睡过头了。”男的说:“我也睡过头了呀。”

评级标准:1.全部理解、微微一笑的过八级。2.有四题弄明白,有一至二题没整通的,算六级。3.有四题没整明白的,不及格。4.字都认识,但全部没懂的,中国文盲。5.当场晕死的,外国友人。
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:02
Chinese to English
+ ...
pop-quiz Sep 30, 2014

he-li wrote:

Even with being away from China for so long, I believe I still got 'em all. The couple usages that are new since I left are probably "make love" and "having slept with the boss". But it doesn't take much to figure those out.

[Edited at 2014-09-30 10:44 GMT]

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Learning language Oct 1, 2014

wherestip wrote:
Even with being away from China for so long, I believe I still got 'em all. The couple usages that are new since I left are probably "make love" and "having slept with the boss". But it doesn't take much to figure those out.

Seems English has taken the place of Chinese as your first language. I wonder if you have ever shared your experience of learning English in a blog or somewhere, I'm very interested in the strategies you use in gaining a native level of command of English.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:02
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
方言大全 Oct 1, 2014

錦州話俗語大全 http://www.360doc.com/content/11/0905/17/5876876_145988216.shtml

保定話大師級別考試: http://www.chinabaike.com/article/baike/fy/2008/200804101330374.html

有史以來最全的樂陵�
... See more
錦州話俗語大全 http://www.360doc.com/content/11/0905/17/5876876_145988216.shtml

保定話大師級別考試: http://www.chinabaike.com/article/baike/fy/2008/200804101330374.html

有史以來最全的樂陵話:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_900457e701016pth.html

有趣的是,這三個地方雖相距不近,但用詞卻有類似的地方。三地的很多用詞天津人也能聽懂,一些方言詞匯的意思,猜也能猜出八九不離十。 看來北方各地的方言的用詞有很大程度的重疊。

也許,把這些地方的口語叫作“方言”不是很恰當。

[Edited at 2014-10-01 02:24 GMT]
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
1st and 2nd language Oct 1, 2014

he-li wrote:

wherestip wrote:

Seems English has taken the place of Chinese as your first language. I wonder if you have ever shared your experience of learning English in a blog or somewhere, I'm very interested in the strategies you use in gaining a native level of command of English.

he-li, Actually, English is my 1st language. Chinese is my second. But I was young enough - barely - when my mom and dad moved the family to China, to be able to achieve a native language level in Chinese.

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fluency in two languages Oct 1, 2014

wherestip wrote:
he-li, Actually, English is my 1st language. Chinese is my second. But I was young enough - barely - when my mom and dad moved the family to China, to be able to achieve a native language level in Chinese.

I suppose it is difficult to maintain native-level fluency in two languages, I mean, the level of a highly educated person in his native language. I suspect even Joseph Conrad, who was touted as a shining example of success in learning English language, would probably have lost some of his native Polish and thus probably would not have been able to achieve the same kind of literary fame if he had written in Polish.
I'm striving to achieve a native level of command of English, or as near to it as possible, and am interested in good strategies.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Native level command in English Oct 2, 2014

he-li wrote:

I'm striving to achieve a native level of command of English, or as near to it as possible, and am interested in good strategies.

he-li,

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any good strategies to impart. But I do strongly believe that by being immersed in a language environment where the majority of the population speaks English, you have a great advantage in reaching your goal.

In my opinion, whatever you're doing is quite effective. It shows in your well-written posts. So keep up the good work.

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the encouragement Oct 3, 2014

wherestip wrote:

But I do strongly believe that by being immersed in a language environment where the majority of the population speaks English, you have a great advantage in reaching your goal.

In my opinion, whatever you're doing is quite effective. It shows in your well-written posts. So keep up the good work.

I made a plan and I'm following it conscientiously. I hope I'll have something to show for my efforts in a year or two.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

汉语水平八级考试题(供各位翻译参考)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »