Thread poster: Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 10:04
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2014

Much as I enjoy the speed of working with multiple files in DVX3 compared to Trados, DVX3 cannot be relied upon to keep tags in good order. I still (after having used DVX2 for years) need to export the TM, import it into Trados, and hunt for missing tags in the Trados editor. Some half-sentences also mysteriously disappear in the process. Why? This takes extra time. I expect Atril to address the problem and offer full compatibility with Trados after having worked with the compatiblility matter s... See more
Much as I enjoy the speed of working with multiple files in DVX3 compared to Trados, DVX3 cannot be relied upon to keep tags in good order. I still (after having used DVX2 for years) need to export the TM, import it into Trados, and hunt for missing tags in the Trados editor. Some half-sentences also mysteriously disappear in the process. Why? This takes extra time. I expect Atril to address the problem and offer full compatibility with Trados after having worked with the compatiblility matter so long.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The end quality of XLIFF files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »