Free X3? How is it different from the paid version?
Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:01
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 1, 2014

Could you please advise me, if there is any difference between the free and paid versions.

I have used trados for 5 years and currently thinking about moving to dejavu, but wish to work using the free version for some time, before I competely make my mind.

The rationale: trados term reco DOES NOT DELIVER AT ALL.

1. What is the difference between the free and paid versions?

2. Are there any additional capabilities (apps, etc.) to enable a be
... See more
Could you please advise me, if there is any difference between the free and paid versions.

I have used trados for 5 years and currently thinking about moving to dejavu, but wish to work using the free version for some time, before I competely make my mind.

The rationale: trados term reco DOES NOT DELIVER AT ALL.

1. What is the difference between the free and paid versions?

2. Are there any additional capabilities (apps, etc.) to enable a better term reco abilities?

3. What is the best way to manage the termbases changes? (There are 3 translators, translating the same original file. Each of them has made 10 changes to the termbase. Because of high-speed nature of the project, a translator would post a message in a skype conference that the term has been amended / a new term has been added. Other translators would make the required changes to their termbases. Upon the completion of the project, only one termbase would be used to avoid any differences in the termbases. This is the way we, as a team, have worked on the real-time changes to the termbase in trados.)

Thank you for your advice.
Collapse

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 23:01
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Comparison table on Atril's website Aug 1, 2014

Take a look at the following table:

http://www.atril.com/content/compare-our-products

It clearly sums up the differences of the versions.

Cheers,

Gyula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free X3? How is it different from the paid version?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »