Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:03
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 1, 2014

I have just started using deja vu x3 trial version.

I can see that the term has been found in the termbase, as it is displayed in the separate window to the right, but how can i make it displayed in the original test -- like in trados when you a line above the term in the original???

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:03
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
AutoWrite Aug 2, 2014

This is the procedure for X2, but it should be the same for X3, I suppose:
Activate "AutoWrite" (the left button in the frame line below your "AutoSearch" window, type in the target window the first letter of the term (which must have be created in the TB before and visible in your term window) and voilà, AutoWrite suggests the term(s) at the cursor position. I wish it would work for numerals, too.
Second, old fashioned possibility: Identify the number of the wanted term in your ter
... See more
This is the procedure for X2, but it should be the same for X3, I suppose:
Activate "AutoWrite" (the left button in the frame line below your "AutoSearch" window, type in the target window the first letter of the term (which must have be created in the TB before and visible in your term window) and voilà, AutoWrite suggests the term(s) at the cursor position. I wish it would work for numerals, too.
Second, old fashioned possibility: Identify the number of the wanted term in your term window and type it by pressing the CTRL button in your target field.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-08-02 07:03 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2014-08-02 07:04 GMT]
Collapse

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Autowrite Aug 2, 2014

The point is that I have a glossary with 400 words in it.

I did not prepare it, so I need to understand which words are included in the glossary: How can highlight the words that have been addded in the glossary in the original???

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 01:03
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
highlight termbase entries in source text Aug 2, 2014

Unfortunately there is no such function in Deja Vu X2 / X3.

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, but how do you guys work without it? Aug 2, 2014

"Bankruptcy Action" means, with respect to any Person, (a) the commencement of any case, action or proceeding relating to bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization or relief of debtors, (b) the institution of any proceedings by such Person to have the Company or Managing Member adjudicated as bankrupt or insolvent, (c)the consent by such Person to the institution of bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings against such Person, (d) the filing by such Person of a petition, or consent by such Person to a ... See more
"Bankruptcy Action" means, with respect to any Person, (a) the commencement of any case, action or proceeding relating to bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization or relief of debtors, (b) the institution of any proceedings by such Person to have the Company or Managing Member adjudicated as bankrupt or insolvent, (c)the consent by such Person to the institution of bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings against such Person, (d) the filing by such Person of a petition, or consent by such Person to a petition, seeking reorganization, arrangement, adjustment, winding up, dissolution, composition, liquidation or other relief or other action by or on behalf of such Person under the BanWptcy Act or any other existing or future law of any jurisdiction on behalf of such Person under the Bankruptcy Act or any other federal or state law relating to bankruptcy, (e) the seeking or consenting by such Person to the appointment of a receiver, liquidator, assignee, trustee, sequestrator, custodian or any similar official for such Person or for all or substantially all of such Person's assets, (f) the making by such Person of an assignment for the benefit of the creditors of such Person or (g) the taking by such Person of any action by such Person in furtherance of any of the foregoing.

For instance, there's 5 words in here that MUST BE USED -- with a quality check on the terms usage pending... ...
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:03
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Have you imported the glossary into the project? Aug 2, 2014

Where is this glossary? What format is it in? Is it a separate file, or have you imported it into the project?

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
why? Aug 2, 2014

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Where is this glossary? What format is it in? Is it a separate file, or have you imported it into the project?

The glossary has been created based on the xl. All terms are displayed in the right bottom window, which proves that the termbase works.

I fail to under the meaning of your question?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to make the terms found in deja vu X3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »