Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:10
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Apr 21, 2015

Since Kilgray, SDL, and Wordfast are ready to launch new versions of their products (memoQ 2015, SDL Trados Studio 2015, Wordfast Pro 4), I am wondering what Atril are up to these days.

I know that a few months back some persons in Atril changed roles (and titles). But what else has happened? The latest press release on their website is from 2013; on the page with the latest releases ("Version history") the links are inactive; the latest update is from January (which is essentially
... See more
Since Kilgray, SDL, and Wordfast are ready to launch new versions of their products (memoQ 2015, SDL Trados Studio 2015, Wordfast Pro 4), I am wondering what Atril are up to these days.

I know that a few months back some persons in Atril changed roles (and titles). But what else has happened? The latest press release on their website is from 2013; on the page with the latest releases ("Version history") the links are inactive; the latest update is from January (which is essentially the December update with a couple of urgent fixes in it). So, what is going on? Are they still in business? Will there be a DVX4?

[Edited at 2015-04-21 08:37 GMT]
Collapse

Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 08:10
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Can we safely continue using DV? Apr 21, 2015

With ever-changing operating systems and file formats it is essential that the DV staff is operative. Can we trust them to be active the nextfew years, or do we have to we migrate to another CAT system? I need to have my relatively new DVX3 updated, not any expensive upgrade right now. Every hour passing by without any response from Atril will play the "buying game" into the hands of the competitors.

[Edited at 2015-04-21 12:22 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-21 12:24 GMT]

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Active links Apr 21, 2015

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

on the page with the latest releases ("Version history") the links are inactive

I've just checked their website and the links are active.

I do hope Atril will continue with DVX. In my opinion it's the best translator-oriented CAT tool on the market.

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
A few comments Apr 21, 2015

Hello Epa,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Atril's development roadmap and communication policy.

I do agree that the website can be optimised and new press releases will make sure to keep you and the Déjà Vu community informed.

With regard to our development roadmap, Atril’s R&D department is working continuously to ensure that Déjà Vu and TEAMserver clients are always up-to-date, among other things, with the latest changes to OS and file forma
... See more
Hello Epa,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Atril's development roadmap and communication policy.

I do agree that the website can be optimised and new press releases will make sure to keep you and the Déjà Vu community informed.

With regard to our development roadmap, Atril’s R&D department is working continuously to ensure that Déjà Vu and TEAMserver clients are always up-to-date, among other things, with the latest changes to OS and file formats.
As we speak, the Team is working on new updates for the current version and advancing on the forthcoming Déjà Vu, which will be released as an upgradable version if the provided added value provided justifies it.

Unlike from our competitors, releasing an upgradable new version when the current version is barely a year old, is not the highest priority for Atril.
Our policy, as our track record shows, is to further improve the existing version and provide additional features – free of charge – to DVX3 users. Why should users purchase a new version 12 months later if they already made an investment in the current one?

The December update you mentioned is an excellent example of our policy. Here is the entire feature list, also available on http://www.atril.com/content/last-update

Features

• Completely rewritten Adobe InDesign IDML filter with support for inline formatting, fewer codes and faster import and export.
  • Added support for ignoring locked text frames when importing Adobe InDesign IDML files.
  • Replaced the PDF converter component used by the PDF filter, for improved inline formatting and preview capabilities.
  • Added support for specifying whether to use textboxes for layout (rather than "flowing" text) when converting PDF files (useful for PDFs with tables).
  • Added support for using the PDF converter in Word 2013 to perform PDF to DOC conversions in the PDF filter.
  • Added support for importing and exporting comments in SDLXLIFF files
  • Added support for handling compressed XLIFF (XLZ, MQXLZ) files transparently in the XLIFF filter.
  • Added support for XLIFF External View export in Déjà Vu X3 Professional.
  • Added support for synchronizing client and subject lists with TEAMserver.
  • Added Dutch UI translation

• I can share with you that a new update to DVX3 is in the pipeline and will be made, again, available free of charge to DVX3 users.

What other services do Déjà Vu X3 users benefit from free of charge?
    Support: Atril’s Support Team is second to none and highly responsive. I invite you to test it yourself.
    Training: Webinars are scheduled and communicated on a monthly basis to our client database. This is an excellent way to familiarise yourself with the many great features, including the powerful fuzzy match repair – a Déjà Vu exclusive.

Join us also during Proz.com free webinar week on Tuesday, May 5th at 13:00 GMT and visit us at the Atril booth at the EUATC in Lisbon, April 23-24.

In all, 2015 will be an exciting year for Atril and the Déjà Vu community. Stay tuned for upcoming press releases or contact us directly: [email protected] or [email protected]

Best regards,
    Claudio

[Edited at 2015-04-21 18:20 GMT]
    Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is Atril up to?

Trados Business Manager Lite
    Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
    Wordfast Pro
    Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »