Another BUG
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 16:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2015

When import EN-RU Text (in Win, UTF 8, UTF 16 LE with signature) or XLS into DVX lexicon - text in import window LOOK LIKE EN - JAPANESE (with hyeroglyphs) instead of russian text.
It's confusing. Later correct encoding for russian can be set, but peoples must go through hyeroglyphs first. (I've done that oly after I've tried all possible russian encodings (see above).

And why DVX3 does not have xlsx between file extensions for the import of lexicon?

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 14:02
Not a bug Oct 9, 2015

Hello mikhailo,

When importing external data into a TB the proper encoding page might no be recognized automatically.
That is why the preview window is available during this process: to let you adjust it.

I always recommend to use Unicode in case the characters are not displayed properly.
This is shown in this
... See more
Hello mikhailo,

When importing external data into a TB the proper encoding page might no be recognized automatically.
That is why the preview window is available during this process: to let you adjust it.

I always recommend to use Unicode in case the characters are not displayed properly.
This is shown in this webinar (starting from 14:33):
http://www.atril.com/content/6-recorded-training-advanced-déjà-vu-users-3607

Regards,
Atril TEAM
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 16:02
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Oct 9, 2015

Atril_TEAM wrote:

Hello mikhailo,

This is shown in this webinar (starting from 14:33):
http://www.atril.com/content/6-recorded-training-advanced-déjà-vu-users-3607

Regards,
Atril TEAM

I agree with You but I can't understand why in standard installaton it is set to Japanese JsXXXXXXX.

But to solve this problem absolutely correctly

1. Use only one encoding, for example Unicode 16 LE and WARN user before (or use default and WARN)
2. Add in font choosing field in first screen of import master, as it is done in ALL OTHER SOFTWARE with the same functions.

regards

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 14:02
Agreed Oct 9, 2015

1. Use only one encoding, for example Unicode 16 LE and WARN user before (or use default and WARN)
regards

I do agree with you. That would be even easier for everybody.
I'll pass it along to our R&D team.

Kind regards,
Atril Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another BUG

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »