not consistent behaviour of DVX3 when segmenting sdlxliff on tabs
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 13:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2017

In settings the rule «to segment on tabs» was added.

When importing untranslated sdlxliff — DVX3 segments xliff segments on tabs
When importing TRANSLATED sdlxliff — DVX3 doesn't segment xliff segments on tabs

To add.
33. Ignore «locked» segments in find duplicate dialog.
34. Pseudojoin of non-joined segment - copy all sources to the 1-st segs and lock all other so that they can't be filtered as empty - similar to TS17 join.

More
... See more
In settings the rule «to segment on tabs» was added.

When importing untranslated sdlxliff — DVX3 segments xliff segments on tabs
When importing TRANSLATED sdlxliff — DVX3 doesn't segment xliff segments on tabs

To add.
33. Ignore «locked» segments in find duplicate dialog.
34. Pseudojoin of non-joined segment - copy all sources to the 1-st segs and lock all other so that they can't be filtered as empty - similar to TS17 join.

More than month from previous message in DV forum.........

About half year from first mention about new version...... and no evidence of it.

Deja Vu, où es-tu?
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:11
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Poof! Jul 14, 2017

Perhaps they’re trying to achieve ‘epic vaporware’ status.

At this point, I don’t think they’ll release anything at all, or anything noteworthy at least. I would really like to be proved wrong, though.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 11:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Hope must live Jul 19, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Perhaps they’re trying to achieve ‘epic vaporware’ status.

At this point, I don’t think they’ll release anything at all, or anything noteworthy at least. I would really like to be proved wrong, though.

AFAIK, beta testers got some info lately, so the new version is hopefully coming, and the new website will be there soon, too.

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 13:11
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Jul 28, 2017

Wojciech_ wrote:

AFAIK, beta testers got some info lately, so the new version is hopefully coming, and the new website will be there soon, too.

If You are so good informed, may be You know is there manual for new version where new functions are described?

Meantime july is coming to the end.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 11:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Well.. Aug 8, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

Wojciech_ wrote:

If You are so good informed, may be You know is there manual for new version where new functions are described?

Meantime july is coming to the end.

I'm not a beta tester, but you can try to apply to be one and join their forum. I bet you will find there a lot of useful info about the new version.

BTW, why would there be a manual for a version that is still being developed?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not consistent behaviour of DVX3 when segmenting sdlxliff on tabs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »