Off topic: Reactions when rereading your past translations
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2015

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

How do you feel when you read a translation you have done in the past and already delivered to the client? Is your reaction similar to any of the ones depicted in this image?

Source: 20px.com

Also see this discussion on "The fear of rereading a translation after you've sent it".

GHANIA Khalifa
GHANIA Khalifa  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 08:06
Arabic to English
+ ...
Yes Aug 4, 2015

Yes, you are right.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
All of the above... Aug 5, 2015

... except the orange flame.

I'm still struggling. Every time I solve a problem, clients just find something even more challenging. Or maybe the world just moves on!

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I agree Aug 5, 2015

Christine Andersen wrote:

... except the orange flame.

I'm still struggling. Every time I solve a problem, clients just find something even more challenging. Or maybe the world just moves on!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Reactions when rereading your past translations

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »