ritz mollema
ritz mollema  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 14:42
German to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

Hi y'all,

I waited a whole week before SDL support came to me this morning with a surprising suggestion. Since my 2011 licence refuses to deactivate/activate SDL warned me that they cannot guarantee that Trados will work under the Windows 10 platform. I work on a Surface Pro 3 machine and it worked perfectly fine on all of the preview versions for more than a year and also on the upgraded Windows 10 version. Well, Trados 2015 works fine on it as well and I am sure that 2011 w
... See more
Hi y'all,

I waited a whole week before SDL support came to me this morning with a surprising suggestion. Since my 2011 licence refuses to deactivate/activate SDL warned me that they cannot guarantee that Trados will work under the Windows 10 platform. I work on a Surface Pro 3 machine and it worked perfectly fine on all of the preview versions for more than a year and also on the upgraded Windows 10 version. Well, Trados 2015 works fine on it as well and I am sure that 2011 will again at some point. Or has anyone of you experienced any issues under Windows 10?

Best regards,
Ritz Mollema
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why 2011? Sep 2, 2015

Is there any reason why you should use 2011 when you have 2015?

ritz mollema
ritz mollema  Identity Verified
Malta
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2015 trial period Sep 2, 2015

Yo! I wasn't very clear, you're right. Since my 2011 copy wasn't working I installed 2015 using the trial period of 1 month. I made a clean Windows 10 install.

[Bijgewerkt op 2015-09-02 14:01 GMT]

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
It works... Sep 2, 2015

and I'm surprised with the SDL's answer. 2011 runs under Java so there is no problem with Win 10, as I could experiment. The licence question is another one. No idea.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL advises me not to install Trados under Windows 10

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »