One year interpreting degree (It, Es, Fr > En) anywhere?
Thread poster: Audra deFalco (X)
Audra deFalco (X)
Audra deFalco (X)
United States
Local time: 13:56
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2014

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good interpreting school (anywhere in Europe) offering a one year conference interpreting program from Italian, Spanish and French (or any combination thereof) into English? It would also be possible to attend a school from those languages into Italian. The school does not have to be sponsored by the EU or UN or any other organization; just one that will give a solid foundation. It seems to me most schools I find only offer the ACC combination whil... See more
Hi all. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good interpreting school (anywhere in Europe) offering a one year conference interpreting program from Italian, Spanish and French (or any combination thereof) into English? It would also be possible to attend a school from those languages into Italian. The school does not have to be sponsored by the EU or UN or any other organization; just one that will give a solid foundation. It seems to me most schools I find only offer the ACC combination while I don't want to give up a third C.

Thanks!
Collapse

Susana Cid Díaz (X)
Susana Cid Díaz (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sampere Sep 24, 2014

The Instituto Lingüístico Sampere in Madrid used to do theem years ago maybe they still do them.

Audra deFalco (X)
Audra deFalco (X)
United States
Local time: 13:56
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting! Sep 24, 2014

Thanks for your reply! Into English? I fear I wouldn't be able to handle INTO Spanish for conference work... ever!

Susana Cid Díaz (X)
Susana Cid Díaz (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, into English Sep 25, 2014

Audra, yes, they do both from and to English. What I don't know is if you will be able to do Italian-English or any other language besides Spanish, since they are located in Spain, but you can ask them:

http://www.sampere.edu.es/

[Edited at 2014-09-25 10:38 GMT]

Gentiana Kasemi
Gentiana Kasemi  Identity Verified
France
Albanian to Italian
+ ...
Geneva May 26, 2015

I think you can find what you need in the university of Geneva, Switzerland:
http://www.unige.ch/traduction-interpretation/faculte/organisation/departements/uint.html

[Edited at 2015-05-26 14:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One year interpreting degree (It, Es, Fr > En) anywhere?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »