Off topic: Public Transportation in Providence,Rhode Island.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 02:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2015

Dear interpreter Colleagues from the State of Rhode Island,

I will be traveling to Providence, Rhode Island in November. I would like to know if they have a bus, trolley or train that can take me from The Providence, Rhode Island Bus Terminal to the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center located in 1 Sabin St, Providence, RI 02903. I’m going to work as an interpreter in a conference there for around three days this November 6, 7 and November 8th. I live in New Yor
... See more
Dear interpreter Colleagues from the State of Rhode Island,

I will be traveling to Providence, Rhode Island in November. I would like to know if they have a bus, trolley or train that can take me from The Providence, Rhode Island Bus Terminal to the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center located in 1 Sabin St, Providence, RI 02903. I’m going to work as an interpreter in a conference there for around three days this November 6, 7 and November 8th. I live in New York Jersey but my company is sending me there for work. I will be in Providence for around 4 days.

I called today the State of Rhode Island Public Authority but nobody answered the phone. I was waiting for one hour and a half for someone to answer. I don’t know what is wrong with the Bus company customer service number today.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Best regards,

Yugoslavia

[Edited at 2015-10-05 07:57 GMT]
Collapse

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
English to Dutch
+ ...
A simple google search Oct 5, 2015

on Rhode Island Public Transportation shows the 'Official Site of the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority'. Put in 'bus station' and 'convention center' and a map shows you that it is a 7 minute, 0.3 mile walk.

[Edited at 2015-10-06 00:00 GMT]

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Public offices generally not open on Saturday in the US Oct 6, 2015

or most countries for that matter. Your post was dated Saturday, October 3.

I called today the State of Rhode Island Public Authority but nobody answered the phone. I was waiting for one hour and a half for someone to answer. I don’t know what is wrong with the Bus company customer service number today.

Best to call between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Benno. Oct 6, 2015

Thanks Benno,

I really appreciate it. I'm not from Rhode island so I'm not very familiar with the city of providence. I will be arriving in the greyhound bus so maybe this is the same bus terminal where this bus is supposed to arrive.

Please let me know if this is close from there. I guess will be very cold in Rhode Island during the month of November. I prefer to take the bus instead of walking.

[Edited at 2015-10-06 08:55 GMT]

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mr. Fulton Oct 7, 2015

Thanks Mr. Fulton. The transportation company website was showing that the customer service was open until 6:00 pm,now I realized that they are open until 4:00 pm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Public Transportation in Providence,Rhode Island.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »