Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:46
Member (2015)
German to English
May 23, 2016

I have had a number of requests for interpreting servies but as far as I am aware I hadn't actually offered these. Since the last request mentioned that I was on the list of interpretors, I checked and my name does appear.

How exactly can I alter my profile to remove the interpreting service as I can still only see translation/editing/proofreading next to my name?

Andrea Muller (X)
Andrea Muller (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:46
English to German
+ ...
Bug? May 23, 2016

I am only listed as a translator, but like you my name comes up when carrying out a search for interpreters. Don't think I ever got any interpreting offers though.

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think it may be in the category listing for account type May 23, 2016

Somewhere or other you can select the option for "I am a translator and/or interpreter with no option to delete interpreter.

Loreta Saddi
Loreta Saddi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:46
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Send a Support Request May 23, 2016

Send an email to Support. They will help you with that. It's easier than posting here..

http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Loreta but May 23, 2016

I started the support request process but it would seem it is the directory itself that is the problem.

Translators and interpreters are lumped together in the same directory and I suppose it is up to the client to then vet the individual's profile to see if they do actually offer that service.

Seems a little odd as the client can specifically target interpreters in the search field but the results are not filtered. Guess I have to put up with slightly disgruntled repl
... See more
I started the support request process but it would seem it is the directory itself that is the problem.

Translators and interpreters are lumped together in the same directory and I suppose it is up to the client to then vet the individual's profile to see if they do actually offer that service.

Seems a little odd as the client can specifically target interpreters in the search field but the results are not filtered. Guess I have to put up with slightly disgruntled replies to my rejecting their requests.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing interpreting services from profile

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »