Thread poster: Emmanouela Patiniotaki
Emmanouela Patiniotaki
Emmanouela Patiniotaki
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:36
English to Greek
+ ...
Sep 26, 2014

The Centre for Translation Studies (CenTraS) of University College London is proud to present the first academic course in Cloud-based Translation Tools

Cloud-based Translation Tools
Online Course

Monday 6th October – Friday 19th December 2014

This e-course has been designed to introduce translators and project managers to the world of online translation solutions.

Participants will gain an insight in Cloud-based Translation
... See more
The Centre for Translation Studies (CenTraS) of University College London is proud to present the first academic course in Cloud-based Translation Tools

Cloud-based Translation Tools
Online Course

Monday 6th October – Friday 19th December 2014

This e-course has been designed to introduce translators and project managers to the world of online translation solutions.

Participants will gain an insight in Cloud-based Translation Technologies and practice using professional software with a variety of guides, instructional videos, group and one-to-one online sessions.

For more details on the course and how to apply please visit:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/centras/prof-courses/Onlinecoursecloudbasedtranslationtools

Email: [email protected]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:36
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Why not WFA? Sep 26, 2014

Emmanouela Patiniotaki wrote:
The Centre for Translation Studies (CenTraS) of University College London is proud to present the first academic course in Cloud-based Translation Tools.

This course deals with two tools only, namely XTM and Memsource Cloud. Not Wordfast Anywhere, for some reason.

Emmanouela Patiniotaki
Emmanouela Patiniotaki
United Kingdom
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply: Why not WFA Sep 30, 2014

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for your message.

Actually, it does deal with several tools. Focus is put on the two tools you referred to, but participants are taught the logic of managing online tools through the use of many many online options, including WFA, GTT and the like.

Best,

Emmanouela

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: forum post not in line with forum rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/13#13
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Posts containing additional announcements are being removed May 28, 2015

Hello all,

In line with forum rule #13, http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/13#13, posts in this thread containing additional announcements (news, reminders, final calls, etc.) will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding and future cooperation.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Rita Koterba (X)
Rita Koterba (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Inaccurate link to online course for Cloud Based Translation Tools with Centras May 28, 2015

Hello Emmanuela

I tried to follow the link that you put in your post but this told me that the hyperlink was not valid.

The following is the correct pathway. I thought you might like to know.

Many thanks
... See more
Hello Emmanuela

I tried to follow the link that you put in your post but this told me that the hyperlink was not valid.

The following is the correct pathway. I thought you might like to know.

Many thanks

Rita

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/centras/prof-courses/online-course-cloudbased-translation-tools
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online Course in Cloud-based Translation Tools​

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »