Off topic: For users living in England...
Thread poster: Tom in London
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Aug 29, 2014

...who know about the county of Essex, I couldn't resist posting this.

Nick Ferrari, a morning radio host on a talk station called LBC, was interviewing various people in Essex about an upcoming political election in the town of Clacton, which is well-known as a retirement town for oldies from London.

Just north of Clacton is the seaport of Harwich, from where you can take a car ferry to Holland, Germany, etc.

At the end of his interviews, just as the closi
... See more
...who know about the county of Essex, I couldn't resist posting this.

Nick Ferrari, a morning radio host on a talk station called LBC, was interviewing various people in Essex about an upcoming political election in the town of Clacton, which is well-known as a retirement town for oldies from London.

Just north of Clacton is the seaport of Harwich, from where you can take a car ferry to Holland, Germany, etc.

At the end of his interviews, just as the closing music was playing to terminate the programme, Ferrari said "So never forget: Harwich for the Continent, Clacton for the incontinent".
Collapse

Laura Harrison
Laura Harrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Haha Aug 29, 2014

Thanks for the tip - living in Chelmsford I don't want to risk a mix up!

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Frinton Aug 29, 2014

Tom in London wrote:

At the end of his interviews, just as the closing music was playing to terminate the programme, Ferrari said "So never forget: Harwich for the Continent, Clacton for the incontinent".

I thought it was Frinton for the incontinent. But if I lived in Clacton and could look forward to my MP being of a certain ilk, my bladder might just start behaving badly.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
good timing... Aug 29, 2014

just finished translating a document on wipes for incontinent patients...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For users living in England...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »