Sociological Aspects of Translation - Survey
Thread poster: Vicky M.
Vicky M.
Vicky M.
Local time: 14:08
Slovak to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2014

Translators outside of Slovakia, hands up!
Looking for curious, enthusiastic and helpful translators from all around the world, willing to share the experience with the art of translation.
Please take a look at the survey below.
Should you be interested in the topic of my ongoing academic research, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].
Thanks a million and best wishes!
... See more
Looking for curious, enthusiastic and helpful translators from all around the world, willing to share the experience with the art of translation.
Should you be interested in the topic of my ongoing academic research, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gHGpm8JM5ec8gMdxaZxxmdJ01DUfIkCJ-J70pXWO-i0/viewform
Collapse

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Done... Oct 9, 2014

... and good luck!

Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Dutch
+ ...
Very interesting survey... Oct 9, 2014

and would like to learn more about the results and your conclusions...

Vicky M.
Vicky M.
Slovak to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spread the word Oct 9, 2014

Thanks to everyone who took time to complete the survey, it is highly appreciated! Also, if you know some other translators who could help out please do not hesitate to share the link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gHGpm8JM5ec8gMdxaZxxmdJ01DUfIkCJ-J70pXWO-i0/viewform).
In case of interest I will gladly share the results afterwards...
See more
Thanks to everyone who took time to complete the survey, it is highly appreciated! Also, if you know some other translators who could help out please do not hesitate to share the link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gHGpm8JM5ec8gMdxaZxxmdJ01DUfIkCJ-J70pXWO-i0/viewform).
In case of interest I will gladly share the results afterwards
Collapse

Anna Rita Gamba
Anna Rita Gamba  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Done! Oct 9, 2014

Very interesting indeed!

Richard Foulkes (X)
Richard Foulkes (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:08
German to English
+ ...
Done Oct 9, 2014

Good luck with the research.

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:08
French to English
Completed Oct 9, 2014

I'm interested in knowing what the results of your research will lead to. Are you an outsourcer?

Vicky M.
Vicky M.
Slovak to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thesis Oct 9, 2014

Thanks so much everyone!

If you know about other translators who'd be willing to help out please pass them the link to the survey as well!

The more answers the better

@Elizabeth - This is my PhDr thesis. I'd like to collect as many answers to these questions as I can, then evaluate the results and analyze the current state of translation, translator’s profile, translation processes, the imp
... See more
Thanks so much everyone!

If you know about other translators who'd be willing to help out please pass them the link to the survey as well!

The more answers the better

@Elizabeth - This is my PhDr thesis. I'd like to collect as many answers to these questions as I can, then evaluate the results and analyze the current state of translation, translator’s profile, translation processes, the impact of the market pressure and other aspects affecting the translation profession abroad. The aim of this work is to provide a complete view of who, what and how translates via linking the theoretical and the practical output and then compare the image with the Slovak translation, which has been analyzed earlier in my Master thesis.

[Edited at 2014-10-09 15:49 GMT]
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:08
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Survey should have been designed better Oct 9, 2014

nebraska wrote:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gHGpm8JM5ec8gMdxaZxxmdJ01DUfIkCJ-J70pXWO-i0/viewform

Hi Nebraska,

I've completed your survey, but I believe you should have designed it better: just to give you an example - the wording of the questions about employment seems to apply to local conditions, and is very difficult to understand; you ask about payment measured in standard pages, or in hours... but not in words (source or target), or lines.

This way you risk getting very misleading results ... which is a pity, because the survey is otherwise interesting.

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Survey closed? Oct 31, 2014

I did try to follow yur link so I could take part in your survey, but Gogle told me the document is not available?

If your survey is now closed, it would be courteous to edit your earlier posts to avoid colleagues' wasting their time for nothing.

Vicky M.
Vicky M.
Slovak to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Survey goes on and on and on Oct 31, 2014

Dear Tony & all,

Believe me when I say that wasting your precious time is the last thing I want to do.

Please try again,

If the survey was closed, the topic would be deleted.

Thank you,

Vick
... See more
Dear Tony & all,

Believe me when I say that wasting your precious time is the last thing I want to do.

Please try again,

If the survey was closed, the topic would be deleted.

Thank you,

Vicky
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sociological Aspects of Translation - Survey

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »