Andrew Mills
Andrew Mills  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:18
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2014

Hi,

I apologise if this has been dealt with before, but I haven't been able to find any posts on this topic.

I use MemoQ 2013 R2, and I'm wondering if there's a way to set a negative filter in the concordance dialog box, i.e. a way to filter out TM entries containing a particular word/string so that they don't appear in the concordance search results.

In a Google search you can do this by simply placing a minus immediately before the word/string you wish to
... See more
Hi,

I apologise if this has been dealt with before, but I haven't been able to find any posts on this topic.

I use MemoQ 2013 R2, and I'm wondering if there's a way to set a negative filter in the concordance dialog box, i.e. a way to filter out TM entries containing a particular word/string so that they don't appear in the concordance search results.

In a Google search you can do this by simply placing a minus immediately before the word/string you wish to filter out, and the resuts will show pages containing your search term but not the "negatively" filtered word(s). For example, entering:

"Unita Operativa" and "Unit" -operative -operating

will return pages containing both the string "Unita Operativa" and the word "Unit", but not containing either of the words "operative" or "operating".

Is there a way to achieve a similar result in MemoQ?

Any thoughts appreciated
Andrew
Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Link to a solution Aug 15, 2023

Sorry for necroposting, but I found this old thread via a Google search and I suspect others might, too.

A regex-based solution was discussed here in 2022.

I hope this helps whoever might stumble on this thread.

[Edited at 2023-08-15 14:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting a negative filter for concordance results

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »