memoq project crashed suddenly and won't reopen -- TM and term base remain unavailable
Thread poster: Eric Zink
Eric Zink
Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
Member (2012)
German to English
Sep 22, 2014

I have been touting memoq's stability, but this may shake my faith:

I was working on a project and entered an undo command when the project crashed. I tried to reopen it -- no luck. I tried deleting the project registry file. Still nothing. I tried reopening the files in another project, realizing that the data I really need is in the TM and the term base. When I went to add those to the new project, they were listed as unavailable.

The error message indicates that anot
... See more
I have been touting memoq's stability, but this may shake my faith:

I was working on a project and entered an undo command when the project crashed. I tried to reopen it -- no luck. I tried deleting the project registry file. Still nothing. I tried reopening the files in another project, realizing that the data I really need is in the TM and the term base. When I went to add those to the new project, they were listed as unavailable.

The error message indicates that another application is accessing the file, but memoq is the only program I know of that would do that.

Any suggestions?
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
unlocker Sep 22, 2014

Hi Eric,

Hope you can find a solution, or memoQ support can fix it. Try Unlocker, a small free program to check which program is accessing your files. Then you can either "kill" that application or "unlock".

I understand why TM, TB and project files are crypted by some CAT developers, for faster access, smaller size, etc. But when such problems occur you lose everything (backups?).

CafeTran simply uses TMX files, no need to store them as TMs. No need for fi
... See more
Hi Eric,

Hope you can find a solution, or memoQ support can fix it. Try Unlocker, a small free program to check which program is accessing your files. Then you can either "kill" that application or "unlock".

I understand why TM, TB and project files are crypted by some CAT developers, for faster access, smaller size, etc. But when such problems occur you lose everything (backups?).

CafeTran simply uses TMX files, no need to store them as TMs. No need for file conversion, easy to use, easy to edit even with text editors.

Deja Vu X TM, TB and project files can be opened and edited with MS Access (or Libre/OpenOffice). I feel safe.

Well, memoQ? No solution it seems, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/conversations/topics/21411

Selcuk
Collapse

Eric Zink
Eric Zink  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
resolved itself Sep 22, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I was about to restart the computer to see if that would work when I tried opening the project one more time, and it opened. No idea what changed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoq project crashed suddenly and won't reopen -- TM and term base remain unavailable

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »