Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 17, 2014

Hello,
I've installed MemoQ 2014 on a Paralles VM in Mac and it 's working fine except a couple things.

1) Spelling check (F7) - I don't have Microsoft Word installed on the VM as it has already installed on the Mac part. When I try to perform the spellcheck it looks for MS Word (if I tick the MSWord spelchecker) or to add Hunspell dictionaries if I decide not to use MSWord dictionaries.
There are no preset dictionaries for Hunspell at the StartupWizard?
For inst
... See more
Hello,
I've installed MemoQ 2014 on a Paralles VM in Mac and it 's working fine except a couple things.

1) Spelling check (F7) - I don't have Microsoft Word installed on the VM as it has already installed on the Mac part. When I try to perform the spellcheck it looks for MS Word (if I tick the MSWord spelchecker) or to add Hunspell dictionaries if I decide not to use MSWord dictionaries.
There are no preset dictionaries for Hunspell at the StartupWizard?
For instance Trados Studio performs the spellcheck without MSWord installed and it doesn't ask to upload dictionaries.

2) the windows / Popup windows layout is often damaged, I mean that some parts are not legible as it seems the windows is smaller than the text inside.

Of course, the first problem is much more important.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

VIP9N
VIP9N
Local time: 02:46
Russian to English
+ ...
Solving Oct 18, 2014

Lucia Me wrote:
1) Spelling check (F7) - I don't have Microsoft Word installed on...

Either install MS Office for Mac

...There are no preset dictionaries for Hunspell at the StartupWizard?

Or download the dics you need for free.

...For instance Trados Studio performs the spellcheck...

Trados Studio has no, and never had, such feature as sorting/showing rows by the selected word or expression, which makes it completely unusable for me personally And as for the dictionnaries: I have MS Office installed, however, very long ago, I also downloaded the dics for languages I needed. No problem.

... 2) the windows / Popup windows layout is often damaged, I mean that some parts are not legible as it seems the windows is smaller than the text inside...

Yes. It happens sometimes, but very rarely. And from my experience, it happens if the pane (the window) is not opened in full. Just restart the application, that'all. Good luck Lucia.

[Edited at 2014-10-18 17:32 GMT]

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:46
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thansk for your very clear reply! Oct 19, 2014

As to the Microsfot word, I've Microsoft Word for Mac but AFAIK the virtual machine doesnìt "talk" with the Mac. Perhaps there is a way for MemoQ to link to the Word installed on Mac.

As to the popup window, I'll check; but for instance when you go to the settings or the project windows and there it doesn't seem to me there is a chance to make it full size.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2014 Using it on Parallels VM in Mac

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »