Thread poster: Paul Adie (X)
Paul Adie (X)
Paul Adie (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2014

Good morning ProZians,

I am having a problem when translating SDL packages in MemoQ 2013 R2. The import works, but the import of the translation memory always fails. So I can actually translate the file, but without the memory in the SDL package.

I previously did this on another computer and it worked fine, but on my new computer it just doesn't work.

Any ideas?

VIP9N
VIP9N
Local time: 17:54
Russian to English
+ ...
Best way - to do it separately Oct 24, 2014

Paul Adie wrote:
...The import works, but the import of the translation memory always fails...

Paul, it seems to me there are 2 options:

1. If you have a Studio on your own, open the package in Studio (it will extract it on your disc), go to the folder with the memory - export it from Studio format into TMX to be imported by Memo. From target language folder take SDXLIFF and import it into Memo. Proceed with translation. When completed, export the ready SDXLIFF and put it back into the folder where it belongs (target language). Generate return package from Studio. That's all.

2. If you don't have the Studio, ask your client to send to you the required TMX + SDLXLIFF from the abovenamed folder.

Actually, the Studio package could be corrupted, nothing more. Good luck.

[Edited at 2014-10-24 13:00 GMT]

Paul Adie (X)
Paul Adie (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cheers Oct 24, 2014

Cheers for that. I did export it manually in the end, but I didn't have to do this on my old computer, it just worked. I think there must be an option to select/deselect somewhere...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memory import error when translating SDL package in MemoQ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »