Sorting termbase for forbidden terms
Thread poster: Rita Translator
Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:14
German to English
Nov 27, 2014

I'm working with MemoQ 2014 and was hoping someone could tell me whether or not it's possible to get a list of only the forbidden terms in the base.

I went to the sort and filter function but couldn't see anything there. It's a term-level characteristic and most of the sorting options look like they're entry level, so maybe that's the issue?

Basically, I want to see a list of the forbidden terms without having to go through the term base and click on each one to see wh
... See more
I'm working with MemoQ 2014 and was hoping someone could tell me whether or not it's possible to get a list of only the forbidden terms in the base.

I went to the sort and filter function but couldn't see anything there. It's a term-level characteristic and most of the sorting options look like they're entry level, so maybe that's the issue?

Basically, I want to see a list of the forbidden terms without having to go through the term base and click on each one to see whether it's marked as forbidden or not.

I'm thinking one work-around might be to export the termbase to Excel including the information about whether the term is forbidden and then sort in Excel. Maybe... But I'm hoping to get a solution inside MemoQ first! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Kelly
Collapse

Bogdan Dusa
Bogdan Dusa  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 07:14
English to Romanian
+ ...
Excel export Feb 12, 2015

Hi,

I had a similar problem some time ago, I had changed the status of some terms to Forbidden, but later I couldn't remember which were those terms! The only solution was to export the TB to Excel and then run a search for the NonTerm status in the Term_Info column.

Good luck!

Bogdan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorting termbase for forbidden terms

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »