Segment validation on MemoQ new user
Thread poster: Estelle HOUNTONDJI
Estelle HOUNTONDJI
Estelle HOUNTONDJI
South Africa
Local time: 13:35
English to French
Jan 25, 2015

Hello dear all. It's the first time i'm using MemoQ. Please can you tell me how to confirm a translated segment? I have tried to do it but the segment still marking 0% and it's green. Is it correct? As it tje first time i'm using this cat tool and i don't use any termbase or TM. Thank you for your help..Wating for feedback

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, that is correct! Jan 26, 2015

The percentage shows 0% because memoQ did not find anything in the translation memory that could help you translate the new segment. When you translate a similar segment, memoQ will find your previous translation in the memory and will add it to the translatrio grid so that you can edit it and confirm it again. The percentage shown indicates how similar a new sentence is to other sentences already stored in the memory as you advance in the translation. The higher the percentage shown, the more s... See more
The percentage shows 0% because memoQ did not find anything in the translation memory that could help you translate the new segment. When you translate a similar segment, memoQ will find your previous translation in the memory and will add it to the translatrio grid so that you can edit it and confirm it again. The percentage shown indicates how similar a new sentence is to other sentences already stored in the memory as you advance in the translation. The higher the percentage shown, the more similar the sentences are. As you translate and confirm each segment, you will see a green check mark alongside the percentage number. This indicates that your translation of that segment is stored in the translation memory.

It would do no harm, and actually lots of good, to learn more about how memoQ works. In memoQ's website you will find a page with videos and guides to help you understand memoQ and get the most of it. Have a look at this page.

Good luck!
Collapse

Estelle HOUNTONDJI
Estelle HOUNTONDJI
South Africa
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 26, 2015

Thanks a lot for your help...it is verry helpful for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment validation on MemoQ new user

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »