Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 03:55
English to Indonesian
+ ...
On its own Jul 2, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:
Since CafeTran can now open TMLookup databases

Although CafeTran can connect to TMLookup databases, it works perfectly well on its own. In fact, CafeTran already featured a fast (H2) database search long before TMLookup existed.

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:
I definitely will. In my opinion the ability to manage and use TMs with several million segments is an absolute must.

CafeTran's database is blistering fast, but searching a 2.5 million segments DGT TMX file is still very doable, since CafeTran loads TMX files in the RAM.

Some time ago, I posted a screencast here that compares the time needed for a simple a search in the DGT as a TMX file and as a database (still the H2 database). The icons: MS is TMX source language, TS = database source language.

http://www.screencast.com/t/95NPzHRJJIpn

More details: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/276038-amazing_new_feature_total_recall_is_back.html#2363137

Cheers,

Hans

[Edited at 2015-07-02 12:32 GMT]

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:55
English to German
+ ...
Oct 22, 2015

[Edited at 2015-10-22 23:03 GMT]

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Does anyone remember Trados TE 2007 "Translate to Fuzzy"? Oct 22, 2015

I should think so.

What I am really wondering is, does any of these super-elegant softwares which we are asked to buy nowadays offer any feature as efficient as this one, which allowed us to reach the next (paid) translatable segment with only one click and in reasonable time?

Developers should imagine that we are constantly faced with large TMs and a large number of 100% matches, where such a feature obviously makes a BIG difference. Nevertheless, they seem to have ign
... See more
I should think so.

What I am really wondering is, does any of these super-elegant softwares which we are asked to buy nowadays offer any feature as efficient as this one, which allowed us to reach the next (paid) translatable segment with only one click and in reasonable time?

Developers should imagine that we are constantly faced with large TMs and a large number of 100% matches, where such a feature obviously makes a BIG difference. Nevertheless, they seem to have ignored this plain fact. Or have I missed out on something?
Collapse

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Translate to fuzzy in memoQ Oct 22, 2015

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:
Or have I missed out on something?

You might have.

Have a look at the "Translation Settings" / "Automatic lookup and insertion" dialogue and play with the options. It should do what you want (automatically insert the best TM hit and proceed to the next segment).

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please name the software Oct 22, 2015

Thank you Tomasz. I am going to try this tomorrow.

[Edited at 2015-10-22 23:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-10-22 23:45 GMT]

Tomasz Sienicki
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
memoQ Oct 22, 2015

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:

Thank you Tomasz. Could you please name the software you are
referring to (and provide a specific path)?

This is a memoQ forum, I mentioned memoQ in the subject of my reply as well.

In case you missed it, the software I refer to is memoQ ;P

memoq.com

[Edited at 2015-10-22 23:54 GMT]

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Does anyone remember Trados TE 2007 "Translate to Fuzzy"? Oct 22, 2015

I should think so.
What I am really wondering is, does any of these super-elegant softwares which we are asked to buy nowadays offer any feature as efficient as this one, which allowed us to reach the next paid translatable segment with only one click and in reasonable time?
Developers should imagine that we are constantly faced with large TMs and a large number of 100% matches where such a feature obviously makes a BIG difference. Nevertheless, they seem to have ignored this plain f
... See more
I should think so.
What I am really wondering is, does any of these super-elegant softwares which we are asked to buy nowadays offer any feature as efficient as this one, which allowed us to reach the next paid translatable segment with only one click and in reasonable time?
Developers should imagine that we are constantly faced with large TMs and a large number of 100% matches where such a feature obviously makes a BIG difference. Nevertheless, they seem to have ignored this plain fact. Or have I missed out on something?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Is this the same as Translate to Fuzzy? Oct 23, 2015

Tomasz Sienicki wrote:

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:
Or have I missed out on something?

You might have.

Have a look at the "Translation Settings" / "Automatic lookup and insertion" dialogue and play with the options. It should do what you want (automatically insert the best TM hit and proceed to the next segment).

"Translate to Fuzzy" will run through a translation looking for anything in the document that is either different in a translated file than the currently stored TM value or not translated at all... then it stops at this point to give you a chance to make any changes. When Trados Studio was released this was one of the biggest things users asked to see back because Studio also only had "Automatic lookup and insertion" at the time. It was reintroduced, maybe in Studio 2011 (don't recall now), and is called "Confirm and translate to next fuzzy match".

A bit off topic for the OP thread, but the question did say "does any of these super-elegant softwares which we are asked to buy nowadays" so I thought it would be interesting to note.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Neil Ashby
Neil Ashby
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filter? Oct 23, 2015

[quote]Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:

"......which allowed us to reach the next (paid) translatable segment with only one click and in reasonable time?"

Have you tried using the filter option to simply hide the 100% matches and therefore jump to the next untranslated segment with just one click.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:55
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
‘Jump over’, ‘Jump to’, "Go to next", etc. settings. Oct 23, 2015

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:

I should think so.
Developers should imagine that we are constantly faced with large TMs and a large number of 100% matches where such a feature obviously makes a BIG difference. Nevertheless, they seem to have ignored this plain fact. Or have I missed out on something?

Hi Gert,

As far as I know, pretty much all the CAT tools have it nowadays, it just goes by different names in each tool, but it generally involves tweaking the ‘Jump over’ or ‘Jump to’ settings. That is, those specifying what will happen each time you confirm a segment. In CafeTran these can be found under Translation > Jump over:

some_text

The same thing can be accessed in memoQ (2013), e.g., via Edit > Goto Next Settings.

I made a quick screencast to show you what it looks like in memoQ 2013:

x

You basically get all kinds of settings to tell the program what kind of segment it should jump to next.

Michael

[Edited at 2015-10-23 11:17 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:55
English to Russian
pre-translate Oct 23, 2015

Gert Sass (M.A.) wrote:

Most of such 'super-elegant' CAT tools have a pretranslate function. With memoQ or SDL Studio, after pretranslation, you get 100% segments already confirmed and easily jumped.
You do not need to wait when 'translate to fuzzy' reaches a non-100% segment - it takes a fraction of second to find the next fuzzy/new segment.

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
How can I have 100% matches confirmed automatically? Oct 23, 2015

Thanks for your input so far.

I already have a pretranslated batch of files with a very big share of 100% matches. What I want MemoQ to do is, after confirming segment 1 in the example below, confirm all subsequent 100% matches automatically and stop at the next non-100% match - in this example, segment 8. How can this be done?

Confirming 100% matches manually takes a lot of time, since MemoQ sometimes takes several seconds to close one segment and open the next, so I would be glad about an alternative. With TE and "Translate to Fuzzy", it wasn't even necessary to oconfirm 100% matches at all.

Tomasz Sienicki
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
memoQ does that Oct 23, 2015

memoQ does that (it's called autopropagation, see Translation Settings > Auto-Propagation).

However, segments 1 and 7 in your example aren't identical, that's why segment 7 isn't automatically confirmed.

Gert Sass (M.A.)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
How can I have 100% matches confirmed automatically? Oct 23, 2015

I already have a pretranslated batch of files with a very big share of 100% matches. What I want MemoQ to do is, after confirming segment 1 in the example below, confirm all subsequent 100% matches automatically and stop at the next non-100% match - in this example, segment 8. How can this be done?

img src="http://imageshack.com/a/img907/9214/q7Tnlk.jpg">

Confirming 100% matches manually takes a lot of time, since MemoQ some
... See more

img src="http://imageshack.com/a/img907/9214/q7Tnlk.jpg">

Confirming 100% matches manually takes a lot of time, since MemoQ sometimes takes several seconds to close one segment and open the next, so I would be glad about an alternative. With TE and "Translate to Fuzzy", it wasn't even necessary to oconfirm 100% matches at all.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:55
English to Russian
Go to next setting Oct 23, 2015

You don't need to confirm 100% matches manually of course. Find this setting and tick 'Not confirmed or proofread' option (the second screen will be filled automatically, you dont need to check it, I added it just for info) and Automatically jump option.
Also, in pretranslate menu select what is shown here. This will make all 100% matches confirmed after pretranslation
Here you are:
See more
You don't need to confirm 100% matches manually of course. Find this setting and tick 'Not confirmed or proofread' option (the second screen will be filled automatically, you dont need to check it, I added it just for info) and Automatically jump option.
Also, in pretranslate menu select what is shown here. This will make all 100% matches confirmed after pretranslation
Here you are:

[Edited at 2015-10-23 19:59 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2014 R2 very, very slow!?!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »