MemoQ 2014 R2 - cannot confirm segments one by one, but selecting several at a time works
Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:44
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2015

Since updating to the newest version, I have been unable to confirm segments one by one with Ctrl+Enter as I usually do. I get the following error message:

"Failed to confirm segment.
General error.
TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.QA".

I can select two segments or more, right-click and choose Confirm - that works.

My proj
... See more
Since updating to the newest version, I have been unable to confirm segments one by one with Ctrl+Enter as I usually do. I get the following error message:

"Failed to confirm segment.
General error.
TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.QA".

I can select two segments or more, right-click and choose Confirm - that works.

My project consists of files imported from Excel, and the project was originally created in an older MemoQ version and then transferred to the new one. The files I have the problem with are new, however.
Collapse

andres santos
andres santos
Spain
Local time: 18:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Feb 16, 2015

Hi!

I have the same problem! Did you find any solution?
Thank you!

Niina Lahokoski
Finland
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Feb 16, 2015

Nope, and the latest update didn't solve this either.
I noticed though, that if you select the single Source - Target row completely (by clicking the segment number), you can confirm that segment separately. Unfortunately this doesn't make confirming any faster, as you still have to move your cursor to select the segment first.

andres santos
andres santos
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Feb 16, 2015

Thanks anyway,Niina!
I don't know why but the only thing that works for me is to exit the server in order that MemoQ updates the segments and confirms them...

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:44
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Contact support Feb 16, 2015

Have you contacted Kilgray support at [email protected]? I have always found their support very fast to respond to these kinds of problems.

[Edited at 2015-02-16 18:39 GMT]

Niina Lahokoski
Finland
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 16, 2015

Thanks for the email address, John - I tried to look for Support contact details in MemoQ and on the website but must have missed it. Not that it's that hard to deduce, really...

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Same here Feb 16, 2015

I've had this with several different projects since build 7.5.52.

I have contacted Kilgray's Support, and initially they said they couldn't reproduce the bug and that it was something affecting only the particular project I was working on at the time. But it seems the problem is widespread.

So, let's hope for a quick fix, because it has a great impact: memoQ disappears after you dismiss the General error dialog box.

[Edited at 2015-02-16 15:45 GMT]

ulrika månsson (X)
ulrika månsson (X)
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
deactivate autopropagation Feb 18, 2015

Hi all,
I solved that by deactivating the autoprogation function. It means I have to confirm all the 100 % matches manually, but that is way better then having to restart memoQ when it crashes.
I hope this helps you as well.
kind regards,
Ulrika
(I heard it will be fixed in the next version.)

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Got this problem after updating to memoQ 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Today, I updated to memoQ 2015, and for the first time ever I encountered this problem. So each time I try to confirm a segment and continue to next untranslated segment with Ctrl+Enter, I get the error message “Failed to confirm segment. General error” with the following details:

TYPE: System.ApplicationException
MESSAGE: BeginBatchLookupBest is called when activeBatchQuerySessions is not null.
SOURCE: MemoQ.TranslationMemory.GUI
CALL STACK: [Omitted]
SY
... See more
Today, I updated to memoQ 2015, and for the first time ever I encountered this problem. So each time I try to confirm a segment and continue to next untranslated segment with Ctrl+Enter, I get the error message “Failed to confirm segment. General error” with the following details:

TYPE: System.ApplicationException
MESSAGE: BeginBatchLookupBest is called when activeBatchQuerySessions is not null.
SOURCE: MemoQ.TranslationMemory.GUI
CALL STACK: [Omitted]
SYSTEM INFORMATION:
MemoQ version : 7.8.116
OS version : 6.1.7601
OS architecture : 64-bit
Visible memory : 16699568
Free memory : 10095412
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 940 @ 2.13GHz
.NET version : v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727 SP2, v3.0 SP2, v3.5 SP1, v4, v4.0

However, like in the previous messages, I can confirm two or more segments simultaneously with Ctrl+Enter.

(Deactivating autopropagation did not help.)

This must be corrected immediately by memoQ!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Try another TM Dec 23, 2015

I experienced a like problem with a damaged TM (I had to restart my pc when memoQ was confirming a huge bundle of segments).
Try to disconnect your primary TM and add any other TM.
If this doesn't happen with the other TM, then try to restore your primary TM. At the end of the day, I had to export my TM after restoration to TMX, then create an empty TM and then import the tmx into that new TM.
P.S. Now I recall that it happaned exactly after I switched from an older version 4
... See more
I experienced a like problem with a damaged TM (I had to restart my pc when memoQ was confirming a huge bundle of segments).
Try to disconnect your primary TM and add any other TM.
If this doesn't happen with the other TM, then try to restore your primary TM. At the end of the day, I had to export my TM after restoration to TMX, then create an empty TM and then import the tmx into that new TM.
P.S. Now I recall that it happaned exactly after I switched from an older version 4 to a newer 5. Yeap, try to re-import your TM or even re-create your project.

[Edited at 2015-12-23 18:29 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2014 R2 - cannot confirm segments one by one, but selecting several at a time works

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »