Theresa Trisolino
Theresa Trisolino  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2015

Dear all

I have looked and looked for the answer to this query and it could well be out there - but it has evaded me!

I have recently done a couple of projects where I have imported an sdlppx file into MemoQ - done the translation - and exported the sdkrpx file. That is all OK.

However, when translating a word document in MemoQ, I will always 'export active document' and do my final checks on that. I have yet to work out how I can do the same for the sdl d
... See more
Dear all

I have looked and looked for the answer to this query and it could well be out there - but it has evaded me!

I have recently done a couple of projects where I have imported an sdlppx file into MemoQ - done the translation - and exported the sdkrpx file. That is all OK.

However, when translating a word document in MemoQ, I will always 'export active document' and do my final checks on that. I have yet to work out how I can do the same for the sdl document - indeed, is there a way? Even if to see the document and then do any final amendments back in MemoQ before exporting it as an rpx file.

Obviously I do my QA and spell checks in MemoQ but I would rather have the possibility of viewing the final document in its entirety rather than in segments....

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you so much

Theresa
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Side-by-side bilingual document Feb 13, 2015

In the Translations window you can create a bilingual file in rtf format, which gives you a side-by-side printable document, with source on the left and target on the right. This does not give you formatting, but if you have been given a SDL package you are not being asked to concern yourself with the formatting anyway.

Theresa Trisolino
Theresa Trisolino  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 28, 2015

Dear John

Thank you for this.

My apologies for my unforgivably late reply!

Theresa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Previewing sdl docs before exporting

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »