Thread poster: Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2015

Hi,
How can I copy & paste from & into Memsource (Arabic letters)
Sometimes it's very useful & time saving. Can you help me ?
Thank you,
Nesrien

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:18
English to German
I would like to know that too! Jun 27, 2015

Memsource is my favourite CAT tool, but I never managed to cut and paste text.

Vaclav Balacek
Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:18
English to Czech
+ ...
Copy & paste Jun 28, 2015

Hi, standard keyboard shortcuts should work as in MS Word, for example, i.e. CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

laurgi
laurgi  Identity Verified
German to French
or ctrl+insert / shift+insert Jun 29, 2015

-

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
Thank you! Jun 29, 2015

As I always navigate with the mouse I haven't thought of trying this.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
@Vaclav Jun 29, 2015

Hi, I know you are involved with Memsource... Any chance you could introduce the possibility to modify/customise the keyboard shortcuts in Memsource? At the moment it's not possible and it's highly inconvenient for me, since I use other CAT tools and they all have the same keyboard shortcuts, which I have changed... it takes me ages to adapt to different shortcuts in Memsource...

[Edited at 2015-06-29 12:12 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
Finnish to French
Goal? Jul 1, 2015

nesrine echroudi wrote:
How can I copy & paste from & into Memsource (Arabic letters)
Sometimes it's very useful & time saving.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you need to translate a Memsource project in memoQ? Or a memoQ project in Memsource? Or something else?

Turzik
Turzik
Estonia
I face the same problem... May 7, 2018

E.g. if there is a longer text in MemSource and I like to copy it from Source to an outside application, even Word-file, and translation back later onto Target. How is it possible?

Iris Mesko

Ulrike G.
Ulrike G.  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
List of shortcuts and functions Sep 9, 2019

Here is a list of shortcuts and functions (I think basic functions like copy/paste should be available in all versions...): https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003643292-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Editors

And there seems to be the option of working offline in the EDITOR and also of exporting/importing therefrom and thereto (as a
... See more
Here is a list of shortcuts and functions (I think basic functions like copy/paste should be available in all versions...): https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003643292-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Editors

And there seems to be the option of working offline in the EDITOR and also of exporting/importing therefrom and thereto (as an xliff file). The process is described in the manual.

HTH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I copy & paste from & into Memsource

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »