Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:52
German to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2016

Hello to all,

this topic may have been discussed here but I couldn't find a clue.

My source file is in Word format and I have imported it into memoQ (2015). When I finish the translation, I will send back the word file to my client. There are some words which I want to highlight with yellow color (the way we do in Word) but this should NOT be in form of a comment. I need the yellow highlights to be present in the final word file. I prefer to perform this task in memoQ
... See more
Hello to all,

this topic may have been discussed here but I couldn't find a clue.

My source file is in Word format and I have imported it into memoQ (2015). When I finish the translation, I will send back the word file to my client. There are some words which I want to highlight with yellow color (the way we do in Word) but this should NOT be in form of a comment. I need the yellow highlights to be present in the final word file. I prefer to perform this task in memoQ as it is a rather long file.

I guess that I have to add some kind of tag (I used to add tags for highlighting in Studio 2011). But I cannot find which tag and how to insert it. Is there a solution in memoQ? Or is it an unfortunate limitation?

Thanks in advance,
Elif
Collapse

gfichter
gfichter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:52
English
+ ...
KB article in inserting tags Oct 1, 2016

Hi! See this link: http://kb.memoq.com/article/AA-00470/0/Adding-a-new-inline-tag.html
You may need to add a standard tag like bold or bold condensed, and then search/replace in the exported file. You might also try an experiment by adding a yellow highlight in a word document, and see what the tag looks like when you import the file.
In either case I thin
... See more
Hi! See this link: http://kb.memoq.com/article/AA-00470/0/Adding-a-new-inline-tag.html
You may need to add a standard tag like bold or bold condensed, and then search/replace in the exported file. You might also try an experiment by adding a yellow highlight in a word document, and see what the tag looks like when you import the file.
In either case I think this would solve your problem.
Good luck,
George
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Highlighting a word in a segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »