Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Lots of jobs (what kinds of jobs) being awarded through the translator directory
Thread poster: Bernhard Sulzer
Little Woods
Little Woods  Identity Verified
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
I dont think the site will do anything about mass email Sep 21, 2014

Recently I received email from a company asking for quote and saying many misleading things like "we looking for long term cooperation", "we saw your profile and like to work with you" and that "we will contact other linguists so a timely response is expected". Dont know how fast a timely reply should be but it turned out they sent the same email to 3 other translators at the same time and I doubt that they sent it to all the translator.

I think it is possible if they have a will to
... See more
Recently I received email from a company asking for quote and saying many misleading things like "we looking for long term cooperation", "we saw your profile and like to work with you" and that "we will contact other linguists so a timely response is expected". Dont know how fast a timely reply should be but it turned out they sent the same email to 3 other translators at the same time and I doubt that they sent it to all the translator.

I think it is possible if they have a will to do it. I used to contact help staff about my suggestions to improve the system but there is no sign they consider improving the system. Other sites may be the same , especially those sites born from China. I dont trust them, they are just out for their pocket. **cafe say they will think about it next update though.

[Edited at 2014-09-21 03:54 GMT]
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:08
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
3 other translators? Sep 21, 2014

Little Woods wrote:

I think it is possible if they have a will to do it. I used to contact help staff about my suggestions to improve the system but there is no sign they consider improving the system. Other sites may be the same , especially those sites born from China. I dont trust them, they are just out for their pocket. **cafe say they will think about it next update though.

[Edited at 2014-09-21 03:54 GMT]

I often receive e-mails that was sent to 500 translators at one click. It is annoying to the translator but it is nothing wrong to send group e-mails.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lots of jobs (what kinds of jobs) being awarded through the translator directory

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »