Ekaterina Mikhailova
Ekaterina Mikhailova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 21, 2014

Dear Colleagues,
Can anyone advise, how much is the average rate for voice over translation? Just some approximation...
Thank you in advance

Shukhrat Yunusov
Shukhrat Yunusov
Uzbekistan
Local time: 03:47
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Voice over and translation rate Aug 21, 2014

In my opinion, you can add a little bit to your translation rate and you will obtain translated voice over rate.
For example, if you translate at the rate of 10 USD/page, then you can add 2-3 USD per page voice over.
The above rate was for Uzbek-English translation for which there are a few translators available in the market. Maybe for Russian translation, the rate are lower due to tough competition.

Ekaterina Mikhailova
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 21, 2014

Thank you, Shukhrat! Only my recording partner takes things seriousely - he is doing a big jobs with many takes, processing... etc. How things are in Uzbekistan, by the way?

Ines R.
Ines R.
Spain
Local time: 23:47
Spanish to German
+ ...
Voice over Aug 21, 2014

Hi Ekaterina

I calculate the price for voice over per minute. For example if you have a text of 1,000 words the time for the recording is +/- 10 min. (roughly 100 words /minute)
But nevertheless here you should also consider if the voice over is a commercial advert, radio, TV...
I send here one link so that you can see how the voice over is calculated (please take in account that there are many other links where you can
... See more
Hi Ekaterina

I calculate the price for voice over per minute. For example if you have a text of 1,000 words the time for the recording is +/- 10 min. (roughly 100 words /minute)
But nevertheless here you should also consider if the voice over is a commercial advert, radio, TV...
I send here one link so that you can see how the voice over is calculated (please take in account that there are many other links where you can see the calculation.
https://www.voices.com/resources/rates

I hope this helps a little bit.

regards

Ines
Collapse

Ekaterina Mikhailova
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 21, 2014

Thank you, Ines, for comprehensive information.

Shukhrat Yunusov
Shukhrat Yunusov
Uzbekistan
Local time: 03:47
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Uzbekistan Aug 21, 2014

Ekaterina Mikhailova wrote:

Thank you, Shukhrat! Only my recording partner takes things seriousely - he is doing a big jobs with many takes, processing... etc. How things are in Uzbekistan, by the way?

Things in Uzbekistan are OK)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voice over pricing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »