English Polish translation & transcribing rate
Thread poster: Jan Urbanski
Jan Urbanski
Jan Urbanski
Poland
Local time: 15:10
English to Polish
Oct 30, 2014

I was asked to translate from English to my mother tongue - Polish. This is a marketing text that consist of ca. 15000 words and should take a week to be done. Since I haven't worked in the field recently and I was asked to charge in USD (not EUR or PLN what I normally do), I am not sure how much money I should ask for. The price is obviously calculated by word.

Some more questions:

1. Is the price higher if you translate from your mother tongue to English (Polish to En
... See more
I was asked to translate from English to my mother tongue - Polish. This is a marketing text that consist of ca. 15000 words and should take a week to be done. Since I haven't worked in the field recently and I was asked to charge in USD (not EUR or PLN what I normally do), I am not sure how much money I should ask for. The price is obviously calculated by word.

Some more questions:

1. Is the price higher if you translate from your mother tongue to English (Polish to English in my example)? How much is it?

2. How much is the price for 1 hour of audio recording transcribing. These are interviews so I guess there can be many words... But the price should be settled for 1 hour of recording. (such 1 hour can probably take 1 or 2 days...) The are two options to consider:

- from Polish to Polish transcription
- from Polish directly to English transcription.

I will be grateful for any help. I am new to this website.
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Hi. I believe it is slightly higher in the Polish to English direction, or pair. Oct 31, 2014

The average rates for Polish to English are $0.10-0.15 in my experience. The transcription rates are $7-10/min. (directly to English)

One hour of audio or video usually takes the whole day--8--10 hours.

[Edited at 2014-10-31 11:25 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English Polish translation & transcribing rate

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »