Laura Maria Nicosia (X)
Laura Maria Nicosia (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:48
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What to do next Dec 21, 2014

Thank you all for your comments,they have been very helpful.
I have already emaiiled them at least 7 times and they have never replied I also called and as I said before I was told to send an email and not to waist their time on a Friday at 5 pm as they were on they way out.

I am concern they will not pay as they keep ignoring my emails and they have not prove helpful over the phone.

Their terms and conditions are as follow:

Terms and Conditions
... See more
Thank you all for your comments,they have been very helpful.
I have already emaiiled them at least 7 times and they have never replied I also called and as I said before I was told to send an email and not to waist their time on a Friday at 5 pm as they were on they way out.

I am concern they will not pay as they keep ignoring my emails and they have not prove helpful over the phone.

Their terms and conditions are as follow:

Terms and Conditions

By accepting this job you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:

All appointments completed by and including the 14th of a given month will be paid on the first week of the following month, providing that invoices are returned to us within four days of the completion of the appointment, and no later than the 15th of the month.

Where assignments are later than the 14th of the month, or where invoices are not completed correctly and have to be returned for amendments, then payment will be made one month later.

Should the deadline not be met by the linguist or, entirely at our discretion and judgement, we believe the translation to be of substandard quality, we reserve the right to either reduce payment or withhold payment entirely.

Payments are made by BACS or PayPal, as agreed, on the first week of the month.

I completed the job on time and the invoice is now overdue.
Is a small amount but since I did my part of the job and stick to my side of the contract I am determined not to drop it until I get a reply.
I have 2 more invoices with them.

I think I will go ahead writing a formal letter now.
Collapse

María Soledad Di Fulvio
María Soledad Di Fulvio  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Debt collector? Dec 22, 2014

Hi, I am in the same situation with an agency from the United States. I am from Argentina and do not know what else to do. I have done every step you mention except going to court. What do you believe about debt collectors and their performance int his cases? Thank you!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unpaid Invoice

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »