Thread poster: Mandy K
Mandy K
Mandy K
Local time: 13:43
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 30, 2015

Hi all,

I have been asked by an agency in ITALY to provide my rate per page (1,500 characters). I am based in the UK, and the rate is usually giver per word. What is the average rate that you suggest from your experience, and what the rate would be if you are a highly experienced translator.

Thank you in advance.

Harishankar Shahi
Harishankar Shahi  Identity Verified
India
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Quote with calculation of aproximate word count and your per word rate Jul 30, 2015

You can use a calculation, with aprox. word count of that page and your per word rate, then you can easily find out the rate. Else you can try hourly rate, means how many hour you can work out the job.

Hope it will solve.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:43
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Someone gave a useful link recently Jul 30, 2015

It would seem highly relevant here:
http://www.amtrad.it/feewizardol.php

Sorry - can't remember who to give them the kudos.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
In my long experience... Jul 30, 2015

...they will ALWAYS accept a per-word quote, and if your rates and experience are what they're looking for, you'll get the job. Just politely ignore the fact that they're asking for a rate per page. They know that most translators around the world charge by the word.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:43
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Great link Jul 30, 2015

Sheila Wilson wrote:

It would seem highly relevant here:
http://www.amtrad.it/feewizardol.php

Sorry - can't remember who to give them the kudos.

As helpful as always, Sheila. Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation rate per page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »