Insolvency in Italy
Thread poster: Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:54
French to English
Oct 5, 2015

Could someone point me to a good resource (in English or French) on how business insolvency is handled in Italy, what procedures creditors should follow, what exactly is a "concordat", I gather it's some form of payment suspension/debt restructuring. Is there any Italian equivalent to the French "infogreffe" website where one can find out the exact status of a company, and the contact details of the "administrator"?

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Italian
+ ...
Insolvency in Italy Oct 5, 2015

Hi Lori,
the Company I work for just had a similar experience. You should call the insolvent company that owes you the money and ask them for the contacts of the Insolvency Officer (in Italian: Curatore Fallimentare) ASAP, so that you can be included in the list of creditors waiting for being paid. Once that the legal procedure is over and the sentence has been published, you will be paid (at least I think it works this way - the Insolvency Officer will explain you better!)

I
... See more
Hi Lori,
the Company I work for just had a similar experience. You should call the insolvent company that owes you the money and ask them for the contacts of the Insolvency Officer (in Italian: Curatore Fallimentare) ASAP, so that you can be included in the list of creditors waiting for being paid. Once that the legal procedure is over and the sentence has been published, you will be paid (at least I think it works this way - the Insolvency Officer will explain you better!)

I don't think that such a website exists here in Italy, unfortunately. I know the "Portale dei Fallimenti" (you have to add the name of the city when looking up in Google) where you can see listed all the insolvent companies of that city/court and see if the legal procedure is over or not - if it's over, you won't be able to get your money!

Hope this helps, good luck!

S.
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Portale dei Fallimenti Oct 5, 2015

Thanks Serena,

I'm not having any luck finding any Portale Fallimenti where this company is listed. It should be Firenze (company in a small town in Firenze province) but I can't seem to find a Portale dei Fallimenti for Firenze.

I have been googling the company name as well and can't find anything official looking or even remotely related to fallimenti. It's unfortunate that the company name itself is composed of a really common word in Italian, which makes it difficu
... See more
Thanks Serena,

I'm not having any luck finding any Portale Fallimenti where this company is listed. It should be Firenze (company in a small town in Firenze province) but I can't seem to find a Portale dei Fallimenti for Firenze.

I have been googling the company name as well and can't find anything official looking or even remotely related to fallimenti. It's unfortunate that the company name itself is composed of a really common word in Italian, which makes it difficult to get relevant google results. And of course I can't read Italian

In any case I now know the first step is to get in contact with the Curatore Fallimentare, it sounds like the process will be somewhat similar to the process in France.
Collapse

Fabiola Baraldi
Fabiola Baraldi  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Concordato and was to collect your money Oct 5, 2015

Dear Lori,
"Concordato" is a provision of Italian bankruptcy law, that allows a Company to meet agreement with the majority of its creditors to pay less, and later than the previous agreements.

Public evidence of this sort of application by the debtor is not available for free; you should check the "Cerved", but you should pay and probably loose precious time. I really would contact ASAP a lawyer , I have one very good in this kind of procedures and I'll be happy to give you
... See more
Dear Lori,
"Concordato" is a provision of Italian bankruptcy law, that allows a Company to meet agreement with the majority of its creditors to pay less, and later than the previous agreements.

Public evidence of this sort of application by the debtor is not available for free; you should check the "Cerved", but you should pay and probably loose precious time. I really would contact ASAP a lawyer , I have one very good in this kind of procedures and I'll be happy to give you her contacts in private email, if you want.

Good luck!
Collapse

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Italian
+ ...
@Lori Oct 6, 2015

If you need help with Italian you can send me a private message and I will be happy to help you find relevant news about this company

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insolvency in Italy

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »