Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Very bad experience with Skrill: how to withdraw my money?
Thread poster: Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Skrill unblocked the account, but I have not seen my money yet. May 6, 2016

Thanks so much Thomas, Yes, Skrill unblocked my account after very long suffering, and many expensive calls, I did withdraw of my money to my bank account, it is 2 weeks and I have not seen them in my bank account, which is very strange, the strangest is that Skrill does not reply to your support ticket, I seriously doubt they are holding the money to make use it.

Sure, I will not use this service again.

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

PayPal is just as bad, unfortunately. Just have a look at paypalwarning.com . That's why I avoid such services as much as possible.

Hani Hassaan wrote:
I never seen their e-mail with the new password to log on my account

Did they tell you the account had been unblocked, and that they would send you a new password?

Hani Hassaan wrote:

I asked my clients to cancel his transactions and finds another payment method, but my client does not help either.

The client cannot cancel a transaction that has already completed, but I think in your place, I'd take my money and close the Skrill account as soon as the problem has been solved.

Did you try contacting that 'agony aunt' I suggested? The press is sometimes the fastest way to make companies fix things if you're able to get the press' attention.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:06
Danish to English
+ ...
How to contact the Telegraph 'agony aunt' May 7, 2016

Since it's still a problem, I suggest, as I have before, that you try to contact the Telegraph 'agony aunt'. It is explained on the link below how to contact her. When the press accept to handle such problems, it's often the most effective way, but you seem to ignore suggestions to try.

... See more
Since it's still a problem, I suggest, as I have before, that you try to contact the Telegraph 'agony aunt'. It is explained on the link below how to contact her. When the press accept to handle such problems, it's often the most effective way, but you seem to ignore suggestions to try.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jessica-investigates/the-perils-of-decluttering/
Collapse

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I do not like to harm, but I think, I will. May 7, 2016

Thanks again, Thomas, I did not want to hurt their name more, but If I do not see my money in my bank account this week, I will follow all steps, it is very bitter experience!
Thomas T. Frost wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jessica-investigates/the-perils-of-decluttering/

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
That's a non-issue in the UK May 7, 2016

Hani Hassaan wrote:

Thanks again, Thomas, I did not want to hurt their name more, but If I do not see my money in my bank account this week, I will follow all steps, it is very bitter experience!

That's not something you should worry about. They should, before behaving like that. That's an absolute non-issue for you, at least in the Western World. It may be your culture holds you back, and I could not advise about how to do if it were in your part of the world; I can only say it is not a good reason in the West not to proceed.

According to what you have described, they deserve all the bad publicity they can get. It's an utter disgrace how they behave.

Melina Kajander
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:06
English to Thai
+ ...
My experience as well May 9, 2016

Hani Hassaan wrote:

...... mobile ( not used and can not get it anymore), I asked for help, and they asked me to submit colored back and front of my ID, I did, and got a notification that my ID is under checking, it was about 2 weeks ago, I sent many support tickets to them and tried to call them via the phone, but no help at all, even I asked my client to cancel this transaction but he was unable to help.

Yes. Let's review use of Skrill accounts on Proz.com. It is too risky (I leave a large amount in Skrill as well!).

Soonthon L.

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
It is solved now, but after long suffering! May 9, 2016

thanks for all of you, I finally got my payment after holding of 2 months and many calls, even I waited more than 2 weeks to see my funds reflected in my bank account, I also noticed there is about 25 USD is deducted, I do not know why?
If this happened in Egypt, I would believed it, but an organization in Great country like UK, it is so strange.

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
call Skrill at +44 203 308 2520 May 9, 2016

Hi Soonthon ,
sorry for this, please call them at: +44 203 308 2520 and make sure your credit is full on your mobile, because If it is disconnected, they will not follow your case.

they will ask you some questions about your account, if they correct, they will send to you temporary password, once you log on, you must change it at once.
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Hani Hassaan wrote:

...... mobile ( not used and can not get it anymore), I asked for help, and they asked me to submit colored back and front of my ID, I did, and got a notification that my ID is under checking, it was about 2 weeks ago, I sent many support tickets to them and tried to call them via the phone, but no help at all, even I asked my client to cancel this transaction but he was unable to help.

Yes. Let's review use of Skrill accounts on Proz.com. It is too risky (I leave a large amount in Skrill as well!).

Soonthon L.

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Tom, my main action will be not using this service again. May 9, 2016

Thanks so much again, Thomas, it is not related with my culture, but it is me who is very kind and feel sympathy for them for real, they are destroying their name, I do not know why!, my main action will be not using this service again.
Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Hani Hassaan wrote:

That's not something you should worry about. They should, before behaving like that. That's an absolute non-issue for you, at least in the Western World. It may be your culture holds you back, and I could not advise about how to do if it were in your part of the world; I can only say it is not a good reason in the West not to proceed.

According to what you have described, they deserve all the bad publicity they can get. It's an utter disgrace how they behave.

Lisa Marlin
Lisa Marlin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:36
Dutch to English
+ ...
Skrill stole my money Sep 1, 2021

I have been using Skrill since March this year and have sent a small transfer (around $100) once a month. Other than a few technical issues, I've had not problems making these payments until last month. Last month, when I tried to make a transfer, Skrill temporarily restricted my account, asking for further information to confirm my identity. I immediately provided this information including copies of my Australian Government-issued ID. Skrill then unrestricted my account, send me an email my ac... See more
I have been using Skrill since March this year and have sent a small transfer (around $100) once a month. Other than a few technical issues, I've had not problems making these payments until last month. Last month, when I tried to make a transfer, Skrill temporarily restricted my account, asking for further information to confirm my identity. I immediately provided this information including copies of my Australian Government-issued ID. Skrill then unrestricted my account, send me an email my account was verified and allowed me to make the transfer.

Today, I deposited $100 USD into my account in order to make a transfer. Skrill allowed me to make this deposit and charged me a fee of $2.50 USD for the deposit. I immediately attempted to send the same amount to the same person to whom I've sent a number of successful payments through Skrill in the past, but I was unable to make the transfer and Skrill notified me that my account had been temporarily restricted, without giving any reason.

I sent a support request to Skrill asking how I could un-restrict my account, and I received this response within a short period of time (attached as screenshot):

Dear Lisa Marlin,
Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

We would like to inform you that we have made the decision to discontinue our business relationship with you under the Skrill Terms and Conditions.

Please be advised that our decision is final and irreversible.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Best regards,
Valeriya
Skrill Help Team

I have now attempted to access my Skrill account but I am no longer able to log in and am given the error "your account has been permanently closed." My bank account has been charged for both the $100 and $2.50 USD but I cannot access these funds to either transfer or recover them, nor has Skrill responded to my subsequent attempts to contact them since the above response.

I do not believe that I have violated their terms and conditions - Skrill has not provided any evidence of this, and they accepted my previous deposits and transfers of the same nature and to the same person. Furthermore, they now have possession of my funds which I cannot access, as well as charging me a fee for service which they didn't complete.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Mohamad Alayoubi
Adieu

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Resolver Sep 2, 2021

You could try https://www.resolver.co.uk/ , Lisa.

Some UK financial institutions have become hysterical about freezing and closing accounts of ordinary people because something innocent triggers overly sensitive fraud-alert systems and apparently th
... See more
You could try https://www.resolver.co.uk/ , Lisa.

Some UK financial institutions have become hysterical about freezing and closing accounts of ordinary people because something innocent triggers overly sensitive fraud-alert systems and apparently their staff have no common sense.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/current-accounts/hundreds-bank-accounts-wrongly-frozen-banks-overly-sensitive/
Collapse

Hani Hassaan
Adieu

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:06
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Phone them Sep 2, 2021

Try phoning them. Their customer support number is +44 203 308 2520, in the UK.

See also https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-complain

For what it's worth, I used to use Skrill, but now find Wise (formerly Transferwise) easier and more reliable. Lower fees, too.

[Edited at 2021-09-02 19:21 GMT]

Valery Kaminski

Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
Paypal, Skrill or Payoneer? Dec 12, 2021

Upset to read all this about Skrill, as I was planning to use it to get paid, but after reading this, I doubt it...

This client offers 3 payment methods: Paypal, Skrill or Payoneer, so which one of these would be best? I know there's been bad press about Paypal too, so I fear I'm not left with much choice!

Hani Hassaan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very bad experience with Skrill: how to withdraw my money?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »