Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Very bad experience with Skrill: how to withdraw my money?
Thread poster: Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apr 5, 2016

I am having very bad experience with Skrill, there is a client sent my payment via it, and when I tried to log on my account to withdraw it to my bank account, a message appears (You account is temporarily blocked, please reset your password), I did reset my password but they asked for SMS confirmation via my old mobile ( not used and can not get it anymore), I asked for help, and they asked me to submit colored back and front of my ID, I did, and got a notification that my ID is under checking,... See more
I am having very bad experience with Skrill, there is a client sent my payment via it, and when I tried to log on my account to withdraw it to my bank account, a message appears (You account is temporarily blocked, please reset your password), I did reset my password but they asked for SMS confirmation via my old mobile ( not used and can not get it anymore), I asked for help, and they asked me to submit colored back and front of my ID, I did, and got a notification that my ID is under checking, it was about 2 weeks ago, I sent many support tickets to them and tried to call them via the phone, but no help at all, even I asked my client to cancel this transaction but he was unable to help.

even their e-mail ([email protected]) gives you Undeliverable when you send or reply to them!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think to re-use it again.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO, ANY HELP HERE, PLEASE.
Collapse

Lisa Marlin

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
The same thing happened to me.....! Apr 5, 2016

Dear brother...

Sadly what you are saying, is just what I have passed through a few weeks ago!

I sent them millions of emails....

I sent them my passport ID. Thanks to Allah, now my problem is solved.

My advice: Do not become desperate. Keep sending messages and emails to retrieve your account.

That's unfortunately my only method of help!

Wishing you best of luck,
Morano ElKholy.

[Edited at 2016-04-05 19:
... See more
Dear brother...

Sadly what you are saying, is just what I have passed through a few weeks ago!

I sent them millions of emails....

I sent them my passport ID. Thanks to Allah, now my problem is solved.

My advice: Do not become desperate. Keep sending messages and emails to retrieve your account.

That's unfortunately my only method of help!

Wishing you best of luck,
Morano ElKholy.

[Edited at 2016-04-05 19:39 GMT]
Collapse

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
How many days you waited, مورانو? Apr 5, 2016

thanks so much مورانو , how many day you waited till you got the help? and how they help you, please? they sent an e-mail to you directly?
they are so bad and very late with the replying.

[Edited at 2016-04-05 19:53 GMT]

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
How many you waited, مورانو? Apr 5, 2016

thanks so much مورانو , how many time you waited for help? and how they help you, please? they sent e-mail to you directly?
they are so bad and very late with the replying.

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
I was just like you... Apr 5, 2016

Frankly, I was losing any hope! I sent many emails/messages...

I think that I have waited about (2 weeks or more...).

They sent me via my email through their support system team.

Yes, their help system is outdated! But I think that they are trying to maintain it.

I am certain that they will solve your issue (ISA) but keep in touch with them.

I hope that your problem will be solved sooner.

My best regards.

ArnieT
ArnieT
Ukraine
Local time: 10:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Me too Apr 6, 2016

It seems, like they have some unofficial policy not to let people withdraw their money. Because they are charging monthly fee if your account is inactive, and if there is no money in your account, they will not be able to do this.
I have been trying to withdraw my money too. They request to verify the card, to which the withdrawal is being made, by paying about 1.5 euro from it into my Skrill account. When I attemp to do this, the transaction does not complete. My bank says, that they auth
... See more
It seems, like they have some unofficial policy not to let people withdraw their money. Because they are charging monthly fee if your account is inactive, and if there is no money in your account, they will not be able to do this.
I have been trying to withdraw my money too. They request to verify the card, to which the withdrawal is being made, by paying about 1.5 euro from it into my Skrill account. When I attemp to do this, the transaction does not complete. My bank says, that they authorize the transaction, but it gets blocke on the recipient's (i.e., Skrill's) side. My inquiry to Skrill took them a couple of weeks to answer, but the answer was just a write off. Here is what they said:

-------------------------------
The possible reasons for a failed card deposit attempt include:

• You’ve reached your card’s limit
• There’s an insufficient balance on your card
• Certain restrictions have been set by your card issuer
---------------------------

None of these reasons applied, because, as I said, my bank authorized the transaction, which I personally confirmed with the bank.

Skrill further said this:

----------------------
Please note that your card has been verified and what you need is to make a deposit with gaming purpose, after you have checked with the bank.
----------------------------------
But what this "deposit with gaming purpose" and "checking with the bank" are suppossed to mean is anyone's guess. Looks like simple verbiage to muddle the matter.
So, as I said earlier, I believe that it is their unofficial policy not to let people who do not often make transactions withdraw their money, so that Skrill could take its monthly fee from this money.
I further believe, that individual complaints will not do much good and some sort of a collective action is needed to make them stop this practice.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Had a similar experience, played itself out Apr 6, 2016

Hani Hassaan wrote:
I am having very bad experience with Skrill, there is a client sent my payment via it, and when I tried to log on my account to withdraw it to my bank account, a message appears (You account is temporarily blocked, please reset your password)...

Yes, I had a similar experience in which I could not get back into my account for about a year (but I only tried a few times before giving up). It was the same "old mobile number" thing. Eventually, after trying it again, I somehow got back in and made sure that all my contact details were up to date so that I would not be locked out again.

Just keep trying.

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
One year is too long Apr 6, 2016

thanks so much Morano and Samuel, I will be in contact with them again, but I seriously think it is the last time to use this service.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:51
Danish to English
+ ...
Follow the Complaints Procedure Apr 6, 2016

This is their complaints procedure:

20. COMPLAINTS
20.1. Any complaints about us or the services we provide should be addressed to us in the first instance by contacting Customer Service. You should clearly indicate that you are wishing to make a complaint to us. This helps us to distinguish a complaint from a mere query. We send you a complaint acknowledgement by post or by email within 48 hours of receiving your complaint in accordance with our complaints procedure. You may request a copy of our complaints procedure at any time by contacting Customer Service.

20.2. We endeavour to provide you with an answer or resolution to your complaint within the timeframes as outlined by the Financial Ombudsman Service. Should this not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of information, we will contact you.

20.3. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom. For additional contact details you may visit the website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

The Financial Ombudsman won't intervene straight away, but it may help to point out to Skrill that you will file a complaint with that service if they don't get their act together.

It's possible that someone at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ will give you a bit of advice about what your rights are, and how best to proceed. It's a free advisory service for UK residents, but they may still accept to talk to you, since Skrill is UK-based.

And of course, there is the press. The Telegraph has a financial agony aunt who is often able to get problems solved when companies are stubborn: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jessica-investigates/ (use the Contact us link at the bottom).

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
still in problems with Skirll Apr 8, 2016

Thanks Thomas for trying to help me, but it is may a long process to file a complaints via ombudsman.org.uk.

After Skrill contacted asking for color ID and all details, and I replied to them via their stupid e-mail ( [email protected]) which gave me a failure in all cases.
I provided all the required papers, today, I got this message from them:

"We have not heard back from you (Case # 04211
... See more
Thanks Thomas for trying to help me, but it is may a long process to file a complaints via ombudsman.org.uk.

After Skrill contacted asking for color ID and all details, and I replied to them via their stupid e-mail ( [email protected]) which gave me a failure in all cases.
I provided all the required papers, today, I got this message from them:

"We have not heard back from you (Case # 04211522)
ear Hani Hassaan,

We had requested additional information to resolve your inquiry.

As we have not received feedback from you in the past 48 hours, we are closing this case."

I DO not know what I should do to be in contact with them and they reply and solve the problem faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is the worst service I have ever dealt with and will never use it for sure in the future.

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

This is their complaints procedure:

20. COMPLAINTS
20.1. Any complaints about us or the services we provide should be addressed to us in the first instance by contacting Customer Service. You should clearly indicate that you are wishing to make a complaint to us. This helps us to distinguish a complaint from a mere query. We send you a complaint acknowledgement by post or by email within 48 hours of receiving your complaint in accordance with our complaints procedure. You may request a copy of our complaints procedure at any time by contacting Customer Service.

20.2. We endeavour to provide you with an answer or resolution to your complaint within the timeframes as outlined by the Financial Ombudsman Service. Should this not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of information, we will contact you.

20.3. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom. For additional contact details you may visit the website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

The Financial Ombudsman won't intervene straight away, but it may help to point out to Skrill that you will file a complaint with that service if they don't get their act together.

It's possible that someone at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ will give you a bit of advice about what your rights are, and how best to proceed. It's a free advisory service for UK residents, but they may still accept to talk to you, since Skrill is UK-based.

And of course, there is the press. The Telegraph has a financial agony aunt who is often able to get problems solved when companies are stubborn: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jessica-investigates/ (use the Contact us link at the bottom).

[Edited at 2016-04-08 14:34 GMT]
Collapse

Romina Navarro
Romina Navarro
Spain
English to Spanish
Use social networks to complain Apr 8, 2016

I'm really sorry to read about your experiences.
I am a newbie and, like many others, I'm looking for the best options to get paid, and your sharing these experiences is actually very helpful to me and many others.
Apart from the formal complaints and possible legal actions, many colleagues have succeeded in solving their problems with any company or client by making public complaints.
Try leaving your comments on every social network, FB fan pages (so other clients/suppliers
... See more
I'm really sorry to read about your experiences.
I am a newbie and, like many others, I'm looking for the best options to get paid, and your sharing these experiences is actually very helpful to me and many others.
Apart from the formal complaints and possible legal actions, many colleagues have succeeded in solving their problems with any company or client by making public complaints.
Try leaving your comments on every social network, FB fan pages (so other clients/suppliers can read them), and you may get an answer from them. Besides, explain your experience on different professional discussion groups, FB groups and forums (like you did here), where your colleagues can comment adding their own experiences and sharing how they managed to get an answer, if they did.
By doing this you help others to be aware of Skrill's methods so they will avoid working with them, i.e. you make Skrill lose clients or potential clients like myself.
Being exposed like this is something they won't like at all, so you're very likely to get prompt answers.
Good luck!

[Edited at 2016-04-08 16:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-08 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Tor Leif Carpenhammar
Tor Leif Carpenhammar
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Skrill Apr 9, 2016

I have used skrill, but only in gambling purpose, was fine for a while but then the wanted several different documents to verify my identity. Fine, it's for my safety... I sent it in and everything when smoothly as soon as I got my thumb out of my a** and sent all the files.

What I suggest is, if it is possible... transfer the skrill money to a gambling account, and then withdraw them from there to another account than skrill.

It may be easier to transfer money that way
... See more
I have used skrill, but only in gambling purpose, was fine for a while but then the wanted several different documents to verify my identity. Fine, it's for my safety... I sent it in and everything when smoothly as soon as I got my thumb out of my a** and sent all the files.

What I suggest is, if it is possible... transfer the skrill money to a gambling account, and then withdraw them from there to another account than skrill.

It may be easier to transfer money that way, but a long shot... not sure it will work though.

Good Luck
Collapse

Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 10:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
Call them Apr 9, 2016

Hello Hani

I had a similar experience earlier in accessing my account and in making a withdrawal (for two weeks), but then it was all solved (in one day). No need to worry.

Don't reply by email unless they ask you to reply by email. Submit a support request and upload your papers via the Contact Us upload link. If their reply does not solve the issue then it is best that you call them again.

Call the international number they provide on the Contact page. Y
... See more
Hello Hani

I had a similar experience earlier in accessing my account and in making a withdrawal (for two weeks), but then it was all solved (in one day). No need to worry.

Don't reply by email unless they ask you to reply by email. Submit a support request and upload your papers via the Contact Us upload link. If their reply does not solve the issue then it is best that you call them again.

Call the international number they provide on the Contact page. You will be put on hold in queue but you will know when your turn is next. Have your Skrill ID number ready and follow the phone instructions. Explain your issue in detail and clearly. They will ask you several questions to verify your identity. They might also call you back with more questions.

The problem was solved on the same day I made the call and the transfer was received the very next day! Their staff is very polite and helpful.

----
(Not only Skrill is being extra cautious with regard to account security and internet security but also local banks with their further inquiries on received international payments - even if you had already made several withdrawals -from Skrill to your bank account- in the past.)

So in brief, I would recommend that you call them. As Morano and Samuel said, try again and it will be solved. Make sure you update all your details on your profile once your access is unblocked - they will send you sms codes to verify.

Regards.
Collapse

Hani Hassaan
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Skrill gives the worst support and does not help at all, it is waste of time and money. Apr 19, 2016

thanks for all your contributions and tries to help me,

So sorry to say that Skrill delivers the worst support and has never helped me till the moment, I called them 3 times, I submitted a lot of support tickets, and told them my problem, their representatives asked me many questions such as (my birth date, name of street I live, my bank, my postal code), I answered all of them correctly, I bear the high cost of international calls, but I never seen their e-mail with the new passwo
... See more
thanks for all your contributions and tries to help me,

So sorry to say that Skrill delivers the worst support and has never helped me till the moment, I called them 3 times, I submitted a lot of support tickets, and told them my problem, their representatives asked me many questions such as (my birth date, name of street I live, my bank, my postal code), I answered all of them correctly, I bear the high cost of international calls, but I never seen their e-mail with the new password to log on my account, they are still holding my money in my account which is blocked by Skrill a month ago, even I asked my clients to cancel his transactions and finds another payment method, but my client does not help either.

should I hire a lawyer in UK to sue Skrill or what I should do?

[Edited at 2016-04-19 11:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-19 11:14 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:51
Danish to English
+ ...
Sounds like you haven't tried to deal with PayPal Apr 19, 2016

PayPal is just as bad, unfortunately. Just have a look at paypalwarning.com . That's why I avoid such services as much as possible.

Hani Hassaan wrote:
I never seen their e-mail with the new password to log on my account

Did they tell you the account had been unblocked, and that they would send you a new password?

Hani Hassaan wrote:

I asked my clients to cancel his transactions and finds another payment method, but my client does not help either.

The client cannot cancel a transaction that has already completed, but I think in your place, I'd take my money and close the Skrill account as soon as the problem has been solved.

Did you try contacting that 'agony aunt' I suggested? The press is sometimes the fastest way to make companies fix things if you're able to get the press' attention.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very bad experience with Skrill: how to withdraw my money?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »