What if the agency failed to make the payment?
Thread poster: Nabaz Abdullah
Nabaz Abdullah
Nabaz Abdullah
Malaysia
Local time: 22:33
English to Kurdish
+ ...
Jul 27, 2016

I translated some documents for the translation agency. However, last year they failed to pay for one project. After few months, they told me they dont have record of the project. I Again, on March I did another project and they supposed to make the payment by April, but they didnt until now. I kept all the records. However, I dont know how to report this issue? the agency is based in India. I dont want to mention the name in this stage, but I want to know how to report them, and what should I d... See more
I translated some documents for the translation agency. However, last year they failed to pay for one project. After few months, they told me they dont have record of the project. I Again, on March I did another project and they supposed to make the payment by April, but they didnt until now. I kept all the records. However, I dont know how to report this issue? the agency is based in India. I dont want to mention the name in this stage, but I want to know how to report them, and what should I do to make them pay the price of their unethical behaviors. Its not fair and I am afraid they do the same to other translators. Since, 2008 I am working as translators, but I never experienced such things.Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:33
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What have you done? Jul 28, 2016

You don't mention it but I imagine this agency has paid for some jobs with no problem?

What have you done to try to get your payment this time? Quite some time has elapsed since April, after all. Have you tried several contact methods? Remember that an email address can be compromised so you should try to find alternative ones, and/or telephone numbers, Skype IDs... or use the contact form on their website.

What is this company's reputation like? Did you check out the B
... See more
You don't mention it but I imagine this agency has paid for some jobs with no problem?

What have you done to try to get your payment this time? Quite some time has elapsed since April, after all. Have you tried several contact methods? Remember that an email address can be compromised so you should try to find alternative ones, and/or telephone numbers, Skype IDs... or use the contact form on their website.

What is this company's reputation like? Did you check out the BB here and/or similar lists elsewhere. I often Google for the company name along with keywords such as "reviews" or "scam", and repeat the search with the contact name and the email address. Maybe it would be a good idea to add your own entry to the BB etc to warn others. By the way, we aren't allowed to mention names here in the forums.

You also need to find out if the company is still trading. Many countries have made their official register of companies available online although you often have to pay to access individual records.
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:33
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Report on the Blue Board Jul 28, 2016

Since you are not a paying member of ProZ.com, you would be charged a small fee to consult the Blue Board to find out about your fellow translators' experiences with a particular outsourcer. However, there is no charge whatsoever for entering your own experiences with an outsourcer on the Blue Board. And, once you have made a Blue Board entry, you can also continue to consult that ... See more
Since you are not a paying member of ProZ.com, you would be charged a small fee to consult the Blue Board to find out about your fellow translators' experiences with a particular outsourcer. However, there is no charge whatsoever for entering your own experiences with an outsourcer on the Blue Board. And, once you have made a Blue Board entry, you can also continue to consult that Blue Board record at no charge.

Note that if there is no record for a particular outsourcer, you should create a record yourself, and, once that record has been approved, enter your experiences in the record.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What if the agency failed to make the payment?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »