Thread poster: Toon Theuwis (X)
Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:15
English to French
Metrics? Jul 30, 2016

Toon Theuwis wrote:
...The PM replied that is was indeed an error and they'd change all PO's (about 5) that were already issued to the agreed rate and that all future work will be with the agreed rate.

That's good news. I suppose you had figured out your loss before entering in that discussion with your customer, so what was in proportion the difference in weighted words (hence in money) between both grids?

Although I know that it depends on CAT name, CAT penalty settings, homogeneity/internal concordance on/off, type of text, language combo and everything else, I'd find it interesting to have an idea on the benefit it brought you. I've also got a CAT grid that allows for discounts from 85% instead of the usual 75% because I find that below 85% time savings are marginal (in my combo/texts/etc.), but I've never actually measured in real life if insisting on it is worth it.

Philippe

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:15
Chinese to English
Congratulations Aug 2, 2016

As Theresa said: We have to engage in negotiations sometimes, and being firm but diplomatic often works. Nice to talk about the positive stories sometimes!

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:15
English to German
Always in one direction Aug 2, 2016

This happened to me a few times, when I queried about what was agreed then it is generally an error and will be adjusted. However, these errors always seem to be to the agency's advantage?!

Some agencies appear to have a standard grid and one does not pay for repetitions and 100% matches at all - in that case I will just not take on jobs that have more than a handful of those.

[Edited at 2016-08-02 11:34 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency nibbling at my rate

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »